Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will my chip fit in this device?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gifford

Does this ... **broken link removed**

Fit in this...

**broken link removed**

and is the above just one of these ...

**broken link removed**

...but surface mount?

Also, is a DIL the same as a DIP, or a SIL a SIP?

Thanks

someone correct me if i'm wrong:
DIL= dual in-line
DIP= dual in-line package
SIL= single in-line
SIP= single in-line package

ie- DIL/DIP and SIL/SIP are equivalents.

and yes that looks like a standard DIP socket, only surface mount. However you might have some trouble soldering it, since it doesn't have the normal "gull-wing" pins sticking out the side. Perhaps you should look for a more conventional surface-mount socket if possible...

that part should fit fine in it, as long as you get the standard 0.300 spacing socket.

evandude said:
someone correct me if i'm wrong:
DIL= dual in-line
DIP= dual in-line package
SIL= single in-line
SIP= single in-line package

ie- DIL/DIP and SIL/SIP are equivalents.

and yes that looks like a standard DIP socket, only surface mount.

as suspected, cheers.

evandude said:
However you might have some trouble soldering it, since it doesn't have the normal "gull-wing" pins sticking out the side.

This would only be a problem if i was soldering them myself right? a manufacturer should have no problems?

evandude said:
Perhaps you should look for a more conventional surface-mount socket if possible...

Cant seem to find any! This is about the only company I have found that manufactures them (appart from tyco).

evandude said:
that part should fit fine in it, as long as you get the standard 0.300 spacing socket.

Aha thats what the 'standard' is, was wondering that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back