Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wierd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyjackson

hi all.

I have a pic controlling some leds. It fades them on and off, through a transistor (more power). One pin will turn on/off a bunch of leds. Lots of wires.

For some reason, a cluster of leds will remin "on" even when the pic has cleared the port. On other clusters, this doesnt happen. And yesterday, this problem never existed.

When i touch the "base" leg of the transistor with my finger, its "remaining on" abnormal state turns off like it should. some clusters do this, some don't.

Theres alot of wires, and, ...... the fading on and off on these clusters affects the radio reception really badly.......extremley frustrating.....please help...

:?

I think you problem is "open collector" output pin. Because some pins (eg. RA4) have such outputs, you need to use a pull-up resistor from power to base... What kind od transistor do you use? (NPN, PNP MOSFET...).

Hi jay.

Thanks for your reply.

I solved the problem. It was to do with the beiginning and end connections of the parellel clusters. The collecter was the problem.

Thanks.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back