Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why this curve is going down? Why the current is negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

Please take a look at the graph and tell me what is wrong? Why it is going downward.
I use this mobile app to simulate the circuit.
Is there anyone who use this app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171230-151136.jpg
    Screenshot_20171230-151136.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20171230-151243.jpg
    Screenshot_20171230-151243.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 155
The circuit is simply a 9V battery with a 1k ohms load resistor.
The sweep might be the voltage in the battery dropping and the "curve" is the resulting reduction in the current of the circuit.

The problems with the images are:
1) Too small, they should be double the size posted.
2) Negative faint grey lines and letters on a black background instead of a normal positive image of black lines and letters on a white background.
3) Saved as a very fuzzy JPG file type instead of as a very clear PNG file type.

The circuit is simply a 9V battery with a 1k ohms load resistor.
The sweep might be the voltage in the battery dropping and the "curve" is the resulting reduction in the current of the circuit.
I agree with the AudioGuru. A sweep function takes one (or more) values and shows what happens if that value varies. In this case it looks like the battery is "swept" from 0 to 9 volts. I think this is not the function you want. Sorry I don't know this program.

Many of us use LT Spice. (free and good)

The problems with the images are:
1) Too small, they should be double the size posted.
2) Negative faint grey lines and letters on a black background instead of a normal positive image of black lines and letters on a white background.
3) Saved as a very fuzzy JPG file type instead of as a very clear PNG file type.
Can you help now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171230-151243.png
    Screenshot_20171230-151243.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20171230-151136.png
    Screenshot_20171230-151136.png
    71 KB · Views: 126
The graph slopes down because the current into V1 is negative and its magnitude increases as V1 voltage increases. Spice shows current direction as into a component.

You have a window "DC transfer characteristic". I think you want a different option there.
Now you are plotting "V" against I. Where V changes from 0 to 9.

I think you want "DC ?????". I don't know the exact words. DC something. There should be a place for entering time. "0 to 100mS"

It isn't a fault that needs 'fixing'. It's a Spice feature.

How am I supposed to fix this?
I understand you can read this picture but I can't. Where did you answer the question about what program is this?
If you want help don't give out bad ratings.
upload_2018-1-2_12-31-46.jpeg

On LT Spice, and others, you can change "I(V1)" to "-I(V1).
OR
On other spices, you can change "I(V1) to I(R1). OR -I(R1) This way you are plotting the current in the resistor. OR negative current.
If I(R1) plots negative you can try removing the resistor and rotating 180 and putting it back.

I understand you can read this picture but I can't. Where did you answer the question about what program is this?
If you want help don't give out bad ratings.
View attachment 109920
On LT Spice, and others, you can change "I(V1)" to "-I(V1).
OR
On other spices, you can change "I(V1) to I(R1). OR -I(R1) This way you are plotting the current in the resistor. OR negative current.
If I(R1) plots negative you can try removing the resistor and rotating 180 and putting it back.
Is there any way to run this by code?(This is NGSpice engine.)

The red line has two kinks but it should be straight. It is correct at 3mA and 3V across the 1k resistor up to 7mA and 7V across the 1k resistor. Below 3 and above 7 the red line is wrong.

It is a static circuit. You can only do an .OP "operating point" analysis on it...

71.png

If you want to see what happens if you change V1, then use a .DC sweep. It plots the independent variable V(V1) on the x-axis, and the dependent variable(s) I(R1) on the y-axis.

71a.png

The current through R1 [I(R1)] is positive by convention. If you apply KCL to the circuit, which way does the current through the source V1 have to flow? By convention, when a source is delivering current to a load, it is a negative current. That is the way engineers (and Spice) work...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back