Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why They are doing So on a Rat!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they are testing the effects of certain drugs on the jaw movements of rats. That would require more in depth reading than I'd care to do right now. Why don't you read the article or Google for more:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14571282 said:
This study tested a system for monitoring jaw movements in freely moving rats. A Hall-effect transducer was fixed to the skull in order to sense voltage changes induced by variations in the position of a magnet fixed to the mandible. By measuring dopamine receptor-mediated jaw movements, this system produces data comparable to that obtained using a light-sensitive transducer system in anesthetized rats, while also measuring the vertical component of jaw movements in freely moving rats. In combination with conventional visual observation, this system may provide a useful tool for assessing movements of the orofacial region during spontaneous and drug-evoked behavior.

Last edited:
I just wanted to see Where is the picture related to the topic?
And then I wanted to know the ideas of other guys here?

Ideas about what? Rats have been used for worse than this for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back