Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why so many inverters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My street is going to be dug up soon. They are going to replace the wires and pipes with bigger ones and new paving, curbs and the lower parts of driveways. It will take a little more than 1 year.
Just make sure they restore your property to the way it was prior to excavation... take before and after photos if necessary. Subcontractors are hired to do lanscaping and they tend to skimp. Been there myself. Make sure the utilitiy companies don't rty to bury their new plant further up on your property. They tried that with me and I told them to keep everything in the public right of way otherwise I am entitled to receive royalties on a regular basis. They didn't like that comment at all and I also forced them to tunnel under my driveway and sidewalk instead of digging and chopping up pavement. The neighbors all wondered how my lot had gotten bypassed. It hadn't at all, they just didn't realize they have some leverage and control when utilities desire to deface things for their own convenience. I also refused to allow them to park equipment and supplies on my property during the upgrade process. Walk softly and carry a big stick, like in my avatar!

Well said Brownout. It may surprise many of you to know that majority of homeless are women and children.

I wrote a paper on this subject. Have a read if you want a real perspective. I actually interviewed people on the streets, police, med care workers and shelter workers.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/cardboard-lane2-doc.28448/

Good job, man. A+ I like that you understand that these are complicated issues. Anyone who says otherwise is bull s****ing.

Just make sure they restore your property to the way it was prior to excavation.
But the workers no speeky zee English. They are fresh off the boat.

The street behind my street was done last year. It looks perfect.

lol.
In the US they took to stealing the copper fittings on fire hydrant saftey valves. People without money do the damndest things.

If you really want to see some thieve, crooks, and criminals in action you should see what some rich people do to earn their walking around money! :eek:

Agree, and if you want to take a look at who's crimes do the most damage to our society and economy, it is those very white collar crimes, may of which don't even get investigated. Witness Bernie Madeoff, who wasn't investigated despite many, many, many warnings from his victims, untill the story finally broke in the media, and the govn't had a choice no longer.

Ahh yes tcm, but that's officially accepted thievery =\

While attending to power line complaints, they would have a power shutdown for the sub-locality under their control, attend and then power up the lines
So during that time , it is just a mechanical structure. Hope I am now clear

Sometimes even that may go wrong. Some months ago an electrical maintenance man (our friend) of our locality go killed while servicing a high voltage line. He had shutdown the power and had started work (this was some distance away from the sub station), in the mean time another worker restarted the power, thus killing my friend.

Its bad management that caused this mishap, unfortunately such cases always go un-reported..

Sometimes even that may go wrong. Some months ago an electrical maintenance man (our friend) of our locality go killed while servicing a high voltage line. He had shutdown the power and had started work (this was some distance away from the sub station), in the mean time another worker restarted the power, thus killing my friend.

Its bad management that caused this mishap, unfortunately such cases always go un-reported..
A sad state of indiscipline among staff. Generally. there would be a CAUTION note and contact number of the person who sought the shut down across the switch so that these accidents won't happen.

At work, the maintenance department put a padlock on the main power, when they are working on something they can't remove power from the equipment (unplug a motor). Shuts down most of the department, but no accidents.

At work, the maintenance department put a padlock on the main power, when they are working on something they can't remove power from the equipment (unplug a motor). Shuts down most of the department, but no accidents.
They follow accepted standard practices. The type of incidence reported by Arunb should not have happened.It is a sorry state of lack of co-ordination among staff. while they deal sections odf distribution, perhaps they use the type of lock you suggested. and they also have their rep over there to ensure safety.

Around here they put big jumper leads between the lines and ground wires so that nothing can get energized to a dangerously live state the whole time they are working. If something back feeds accidental or gets energized its going to be put into a dead short and not a line worker.

I thought that was a world wide practice.

If you really want to see some thieve, crooks, and criminals in action you should see what some rich people do to earn their walking around money! :eek:
Speaking of the eccentric rich, a friend of mine worked at an electronic design/fab shop. He'd tell me of the owner/manager who was an older gentleman often walking the lunchroom or outside at the picnick benches bumming food from employees. He dressed very casually most of the time and portrayed himself as more of a farmer or stock room worker than an executive. One employee usually brought extra food in their lunch in anticipation of being asked for some. After a couple of years or more of this activity, it happened to pay off because upon the gentleman's death, that employee was listed in his will to receive a very handsome sum of money and a dedicated, front row parking space at work!

I think the executives walking around the work area was a great idea, but unfortunately a dying practice. It use to be pretty much a daily routine when I started working in this warehouse. Everything was kept neat and clean, and in good repair. People did their jobs, weren't as many people slacking off, and they didn't stay so long. A few years later, we got a new division president, whom seemed afraid to leave his office. Seldom saw him, other than the monthly meeting, or when we had visitors. He seemed more focused on his bottom line, and his own bonuses and incentives. Thing slipped down hill from there, one of the worst incentives, was for turn-over, people had to really mess up to get fired. The warehouse was a mess, not much got fix, unless it was totally useless, dangerous, or we had people from corporate coming. We have another new president, spends a lot of time out in the warehouse, seems like he is interested in getting back to basics. It's tough, since the bulk of the workforce weren't around to see how things were suppose to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back