Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is GOOGLE SCREWED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in the 8 years or so I have used google it still looks the same eg "wasted space"

I live in NZ and call up a NZ google, the other day I was looking for a web site I know is Australia. without going to https://www.google.com.au/ and using "pages from Australia" why question is

Why cant I goto https://www.google.co.nz/ while still having the "pages from New Zealand" why cant they have also a drop down box for country selection Australia, US, UK, Canada whatever? so if you know the country the web site is in you can take your pick to make the seach faster

I have another "Why is GOOGLE SCREWED? " but that will do for today

If I enter the URL http//:www.google.com then it gets me www.google.ca instead because it knows that I am in Canada. I have a choice of The Web or just links from Canada.

I can go to Google in Australia or in New Zealand.

Did you read my posting that is what I said, or could of said

then I gave a solution how you could do the same thing from your own country google.

audioguru said:
If I enter the URL http//:www.google.com then it gets me www.google.ca instead because it knows that I am in Canada. I have a choice of The Web or just links from Canada.

I can go to Google in Australia or in New Zealand.

Then don't use Google? No product can ever be perfectly tailored to your tastes.

I think what you wants is to be able to choose pages from any country no matter what Google page he is on. Is that what you mean? I can't tell since your typing is full of rage.

Send them an email and make a suggestion if it really bugs you that much.

Last edited:
If you are using Windows, go to Control Panel.
Select Time, Date, Language and Regional Options
then Regional and Language Options
then Location.

You can change your country ID to Guantanamo Bay if you want. That way they probably won't redirect your browser to the local URL.

I don't see Lower Slobovia :D or BLANK.

Then delete all the cookies on your computer. I use Spybot, Search and Destroy.

Last edited:
looks like I have to sorry for insulting audioguru, nobody gets it

WHAT I WAS ASKING, why cant I go to google.co.nz put in text to search like "save me going mad" and then click a drop down box so this will only bring up results from UK web sites and no other country (this is just a wild example, to illustrate the point ) .

Right now I have to go to google.co.uk and then click "pages from UK" , as it was I had trouble getting google.co.au (why do they do it?)

Last edited:
quixotron said:
well...if i type google.com i get google.com not google.usa or google.u.

are you guys making this up?

No they are not making it up.

If I (in the UK) type www.google.com, Im redirected to www.google.co.uk

If I type www.google.com.au, I get aussie google

If I type www.google.co.nz, I get New Zealand google

If I type www.google.co.kr I get Korean google.

When I have been in other parts of the world and connected my laptop to the network of the hotel or company where I am working, I usually get the google of the country where I am located.
However, with one oddity, at a company in South West England, when I connected to their network, I got Dutch google. Whether this was a "leftover" from the previous user of that particular port on their network, or their IT system was based in Holland (it was a part of a VERY large company), I dont know.

JimB

OK I got it you people are trying to work my over & get me worked up

I refuse to say any more otherwise the moderator will ban me.

ha ha ha it is not working Bye .........................

JimB said:
No they are not making it up.

If I (in the UK) type www.google.com, Im redirected to www.google.co.uk

If I type www.google.com.au, I get aussie google

If I type www.google.co.nz, I get New Zealand google

If I type www.google.co.kr I get Korean google.

When I have been in other parts of the world and connected my laptop to the network of the hotel or company where I am working, I usually get the google of the country where I am located.
However, with one oddity, at a company in South West England, when I connected to their network, I got Dutch google. Whether this was a "leftover" from the previous user of that particular port on their network, or their IT system was based in Holland (it was a part of a VERY large company), I dont know.

JimB

Last edited:
I think that he is getting very angry over spilt milk. Just click entire web jeez not that hard.

Richard, read kchriste's response again.

Are you going to come along and delete all your posts on this thread like you've done on some others?

Torben

Richard Principal said:
OK I got it you people are trying to work my over & get me worked up

If this comment was aimed at my post, which I assume you were as you copied it, I was merely relating what I found when I tried various connections to google.

JimB

OK I was going to end it all at the last post but .......

it is obvious you people are [blanked out by self control moderation]

OK the other day I wanted to got to Bob Parker web site, I know is in Australia, he was the good joker that introduce the electronic service world to the ESR meter, (can you work that out)

I go to google.co.nz his result comes up #14 (alright that is not too bad it might of been #114 that would used up a bit of time)

I decided to go to google Australia I type in www.google.co.au . I got 404 maybe it ends co.aus Then I work it out to be .com.au & Bob Parker web site is #1 (thats great work)

it go me thinking (can you people work that out) Google home page is just about 80% empty space, why cant I just select "search only Australia web sites" from my New Zealand google it would of save a lot of time if Bob Parker
web site had of been a lot lower down the NZ world ranking, and would save my going to different googles around the world, like Australia

I am really sorry I lost my cool doing this posting, and now I dont give a **** if the moderator bans me from this group I have just lost faith that all electronics people are intelligent.

In regards to to OP's complaint about "whitespace" on google, i rather like it. I don't want to be bombarded with stupid ads and headlines that become distracting, and slow my internet experience down.

Get over your complaints. Google rocks. There is nothing better, and i will stand by that. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER!

You said it.
Marks256 said:
In regards to to OP's complaint about "whitespace" on google, i rather like it. I don't want to be bombarded with stupid ads and headlines that become distracting, and slow my internet experience down.

Get over your complaints. Google rocks. There is nothing better, and i will stand by that. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER!

Richard Principal said:

OK the other day I wanted to got to Bob Parker web site, I know is in Australia, he was the good joker that introduce the electronic service world to the ESR meter, (can you work that out)

I go to google.co.nz his result comes up #14 (alright that is not too bad it might of been #114 that would used up a bit of time)

I decided to go to google Australia I type in www.google.co.au . I got 404 maybe it ends co.aus Then I work it out to be .com.au & Bob Parker web site is #1 (thats great work)

it go me thinking (can you people work that out) Google home page is just about 80% empty space, why cant I just select "search only Australia web sites" from my New Zealand google it would of save a lot of time if Bob Parker
web site had of been a lot lower down the NZ world ranking, and would save my going to different googles around the world, like Australia

I am really sorry I lost my cool doing this posting, and now I dont give a **** if the moderator bans me from this group I have just lost faith that all electronics people are intelligent.

Well, sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and risk being thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. People here have been trying to pierce your confused writings to get at the nub of your problem (which isn't even a problem if you know what you're doing) and you respond with insults.

Oddly, I typed "esr meter bob parker" into Google (in Canada) and guess what? The Australian site was the first hit.

The open space on the Google home page is not wasted, it is simply not required that it be filled with extraneous features which are only needed in a small minority of searches. Those extra features are available for the times when they're needed; you simply need to calm down and look for them more carefully. kchriste's post contained the information you wanted. If you want that available on the main Google page, use Firefox and write yourself a Greasemonkey script to do it.

Torben

I wonder why those who are so much smarter than the rest of us will complain about how somebody else did something, instead of showing us how to do it better.

Richard Principal said:

I decided to go to google Australia I type in **broken link removed** . I got 404 maybe it ends co.aus Then I work it out to be .com.au & Bob Parker web site is #1 (thats great work)

Sounds like you are trying to make this into a argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back