Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why did you choose your Avatar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still new here. what do you all think would be a fitting avatar for me? I am open to sugestions. Real life? abstract? humorous? dull and uninteresting? historical?

To HITech: The most educational and inspirational people I know are often viewed as low tech and simple. I aspire to be that way too. I know many that take the littlest actions and make them look like it took a monumental effort to acomplish.
But the ones I respect and admire the most are the ones that truely take monumental tasks and make then look like nothing.

Since TCM can mean trichloromethane, you could have this for your avatar:

Attachments

• 100px-Chloroform_3D.svg.png
    100px-Chloroform_3D.svg.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
It's always nice to have a cool drink around.

Therefor my avatar is a desert sun powered fridge.

Boncuk

Whatever suits your mood TCM =)
Mine's the cat from the movie the last Unicorn. He talks with a pirate accent, which is where my signature comes from too. It used to be a Lynx, I've always been a fan of everything feline in nature.

Still thinkin about it! But thanks for the tips!

Finnaly got it! I have had TCMTEK1 as a license plate on my truck for a year and a half. So I figured sure why not. :)

Even came up with my own signature too!
I figured its a fun little way to take a poke at the posters that are trying to reinvent the wheel without using something round! :D

Mine's the cat from the movie the last Unicorn.

I have been wondering what that was. I could tell it was a cat, but the eye patch looks just like a tennis raquet, so I was thinking it was some kind of huge wall art.:eek:

I have had TCMTEK1 as a license plate on my truck for a year and a half. So I figured sure why not.

Lets see the truck:D

Yeah, it's not the greatest pic Andy, it's digitized from a VHS tape, and the animation style of the movie was very hand drawn. Some really nice animation though, that's why I liked it.

It just my 1999 Ford F-250 Super duty lariate.
I had to get a better pickup two falls ago. Earlier that summer a little old lady took the front off my old pickup. Then that fall my mercury grand marquis got rearended and shoved into another pickup. :mad:
I put the insurance money towards this.:)

Its got the triton V10. I am very disapiointed in its power and fuel mileage.
Everyone said I would be thrilled with the power they have.
I'm not! My old pickup had a built up 460 with a heavy towing cam and a built up E4OD electronicaly controlled transmision. It would easily pull twice its own wheight (12000 #) in overdrive and still get 10 mpg on propane!
14 -16 empty! :)

My big red pig is set up for propane too but gets around 9 mpg unloaded and about 5 pulling. Same milage on gas too. Even with a power programmer and aftermarket intake and exaust. Its all RPM's and no torque! :mad:

I am trying to get it payed off inthe next year if I can. Then I will retrofit the 460 into it. I built it for towing so it was all torque. 500 + ft/lbs from 2000 - 3600 RPM and around 400hp at the wheels on propane. :D

I love this pickup looks and all around build and feel, just not its power or mileage. :(

Attachments

• DCP01273.JPG
    DCP01273.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 243
Yeah, it's not the greatest pic Andy, it's digitized from a VHS tape, and the animation style of the movie was very hand drawn. Some really nice animation though, that's why I liked it.

Yeah, after looking it up on youtube its as clear as can be now.:D

Thats a nice looking truck, tcmtech.

I've owned 2 Fords, a bit older then that though. 1979 and a 1980 F350. :eek:

Last summer I bought a 91' Dodge 1 ton with the Cummins diesel in it. I really like that truck. I have not had a chance to pull anything super heavy with it yet, but had 2 tons of gravel on its back a couple times and it doesn't mind that a bit. :D

Stock engine has 400 lb-ft torque, mine has had some mods done to it (not by me) no idea what its at now. For a big old truck it really gets up and goes. My milage record is 19mpg - mixed city and highway. more normal is 15mpg.

Attachments

• Truck 2.JPG
    Truck 2.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 282
Stange how they advertise that the newest engine lines they produce are the most efficient and powerful ever. yet the old boys from 30 + years ago were and still are doing way better even with carburators or with all mechanical fuel injected diesels!
Still makes me wonder.....

Thanks for the compliment too! When I bought it there was some serious jelousy in the local family!
I like yours too. I got a good friend thats a real dodge nut. He has the passion for them and I have sort of picked up on there finer points from him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back