Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why did you choose your Avatar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Interesting answer's to what's in a Name.

So, what's in you avatar ?

kv:)

Y'know, I don't think *anyone* has ever complained about any of dknguyen's avatars. :) And I think they've probably garnered the most comments (and marriage proposals) of anyone here.

Lefty, what movie was that?

My avatar I just liked when my wife took a picture of me wearing my jeweler's glasses while working on something at the kitchen table. I've always wanted anime/ElfQuest eyes. :)

Torben

Last edited:
"Lefty, what movie was that?"

What! Slim Pickens riding a nuke down to it's russian target, what movie? :rolleyes:

Dr. Stranglove, of course :rolleyes:

Lefty

PS: Maybe before your time, rent it if you haven't seen it, you will thank me after. **broken link removed**)

Last edited:
"Lefty, what movie was that?"

What! Slim Pickens riding a nuke down to it's russian target, what movie? :rolleyes:

Dr. Stranglove, of course :rolleyes:

Lefty

PS: Maybe before your time, rent it if you haven't seen it, you will thank me after. **broken link removed**)

I saw Dr. Strangelove in the rental store the other night and I mentioned to my wife that I'd never seen it. I've also never seen Citizen Kane. I think these are both things I need to fix. :) Maybe they're before my time but it's not like they haven't been available or that I haven't been aware of them. Sadly, my only excuse is laziness on my part. I want to see them; I just haven't gotten around to it. It's moved up my list now though.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Regards,

Torben

Its a 1985 Mack Superliner. A legend in the heavy haul industry and a truck I would love to own someday. It was offered with the Mack E-9 V-8 diesel engine in it, giving it tremendous pulling power, a unique sound, and a harty appitite for diesel fuel. :D

In addition to electronics, I love heavy trucks and earth moving machinery.

**broken link removed**

On the show "Family Guy", Brian the dog often proves to be the smartest one in the place ... :D
Jeff

God made my ugly Avatar...blame him!

Last edited:
As as teenager, seeing pictures like this inspired me to study science and become an engineer.

I chose a Geko icon becuase I thought it looked nice and coincidently it's also my login name ;)

It makes sense, it does...

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Mine is ol' Space Fury himself. 1981 or so, Gremlin, color XY coin-op (one of the first ones ever, along with Atari's Tempest). Spent lots of time replacing bits of charcoal from those GO8 Space Fury monitors. The Wells-Gardners that Tempest used were slightly less prone to fires.

Last edited:
Mine is a Peugeot 206 headlight... 405 T16 is gorgeous too.

I would prefered to use a Boeing 727 picture, the last "true" plane for me, but the upload form failed.

PS: I love all Peugeot cars except by the "concept" models, they are just mocks that mean nothing except "air head" ideas, useless pieces of art. They should contract hippies on drugs to draw them, not Industrial Designers. And that applies to all makes of cars.

Last edited:
Meaningful Names - Meaningful Avatars

When someone asked about the What's in your Name we found out a lot about members some were revealing. I just wanted to know what would a symbol be for someone excluding those who are using there real Name and Maybe Picture which says it all.

But, I have noticed there are some new Members who post so little and Nothing about them seems real or is it just me. In light of all the crap with Spammers it just seems odd.

I just don't get these people and their intentions do they really reap more for their time. Is it just people sitting on a computer and infiltrating forums like this one all day long for what purpose does it serve.

I've herd of Gaming sites and forums who have player's that are nothing more than a group of people finding and gaining point value's then selling them or trading value's or something. Some one told me their are programs that run continuously that do the same thing ?

What will be the result if these things are not addressed and corrected. How will the (NET) suffer or will it gain ?

kv

Last edited:
I'm a simple man in a hi-tech world. Often, simpler is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back