Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who's gonna pay the bill for this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahh, just buy a hummer.

LOL yeah you can drive the Hummer into the river to wash it off!

I've seen a hummer stuck with the front left week up on a curb and the back right weel on the road.

Granted the driver was a fake blond with a fake tan listening to lindsay lohan. So he probably wasn't eactly qualified to drive a hummer.

But if you live in a place with vegitation and dirt everywhere right next to a river the elephant is a good choice.

Hey! I live in a place like that! :pWe dont need elephants. ;)
Thats what FWD pickups and tractors are for! When you get the pickup stuck you just go get the tractor.

When that tractor is stuck You just call up you farmer buddy with the 12 wheeled New Holland. That never gets stuck! :D

**broken link removed**

Where they use elephants gasolene is $12 a galon, and the nearest station is often 60 miles away.

I wouldn't mind an elephant. No place to park one around here though, and I hear the smell is pretty bad.

I wouldn't want one either really, I don't think my apartment complex allows them.

I wouldn't mind an elephant. No place to park one around here though, and I hear the smell is pretty bad.

I guess you need a parkaderm...:)

Rofl I'm dieing here. Mike said Parkaderm and I snorted, I almost fell out of my chair when Triode said helper animal though =) The great irony, is if you could train them well enough I bet you could get away calling an elephant a helper animal.

I wonder if some of the Asian and Eastern countries have valet parking for camels and elephants? Instead of saying "Here are the keys to my Ferarri, park it with great care, please" it would be more like, Here's the leash to my elephant (camel), please treat her with care"

Depends on how well its trained, maybe you just be like "Chumbawumba wait over there"

by the way, if i had an elephant i would name it Chumbawumba

And some day some where some one will read this and think that this is just odd that we are talking about what is just a normal day for them!

Kind of sad to see you making fun of someone who wants easily accessible educational materials. Even if it is illegal, the least you can do is appreciate his intent and explain why you won't do it. Google is doing something very similar and even got in a bit of legal trouble about it, but I still applaud them for it (google books).

Kind of sad to see you making fun of someone who wants easily accessible educational materials. Even if it is illegal, the least you can do is appreciate his intent and explain why you won't do it. Google is doing something very similar and even got in a bit of legal trouble about it, but I still applaud them for it (google books).

I think it's more that he doesn't appreciate the work involved in manually scanning those hundreds of pages. Similar to how an OP might ask someone to design a custom circuit, code a custom program, or layout a PCB for them.

Last edited:
#1. I get a PM from a total stranger, with no introduction.
#2. His profile is incomplete and his post count is 0.
#3. I don't know where he got his misinformation that I have 1949 circa Radio Electronics periodicals. I don't think electronic periodicals even date back that far. Mine are from the 1970's and later.
#4. I initially replied to him explaining potential copyright infringement and the arduous task of scanning the large amount of pages involved. I don't think I have enough remaining lifetime required to scan all those pages.
#5. He replies by stating "please do it!" and even suggested that I torrent the files to a P2P site of which he will somehow remove after accessing them (huh? duh! Hows he going to manage that?):confused:
#6. My second reply to him reaffirmed the potential copyright infringement and I provided him with a couple of other avenues he could try to locate the articles and projects he seeks.
#7. Google is skating on thin ice from numerous issues and practices that infringe upon other's privacy and ownership.
#8. The poster is a kid and a goober in my book. A self-respecting foreigner, even if having a poor grasp of the English language, would ask in a more appropriate manner and not burst onto the scene, demanding their request be met, regardless of legalities and the great effort to do so.

I rest my case, your Honor.

:p

I rest my case, your Honor.

Would opposing counsel like to respond? If not, case dismissed without prejudice... :)

**broken link removed**

Good one! lol:D

#3. I don't know where he got his misinformation that I have 1949 circa Radio Electronics periodicals. I don't think electronic periodicals even date back that far. Mine are from the 1970's and later.

Practical Wireless launched in 1931 as a weekly, then went monthly in 1941 (due to war time paper shortages).

Wireless World started even earlier, in 1911 (called The Marconigraph), then renamed in 1913.

I used to have quite a collection of old Practical Wireless magazines, but I threw most of them out a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back