Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whoo Hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tansis

Yes , at long last broadband has finally snaked it's way up the hill to the village. As for the connection speed...well lets just say everyone who ordered the two meg connection is getting a refund. Still must not grumble the MAC codes were issued fairly quick so the villagers have released the local phone engineer from captivity and despite some reservations I have gone for the big american provider , the unlimited download swung it for me , Limewire here I come lol

Hey tansis, who are you using and how much are you paying a month?

I've been considering getting DSL for $15 a month.

Boy am I glad I have high-speed cable internet. Yesteday I downloaded 60MB of zipped 11 months of EPE magazine in a couple of minutes or less.
How long would it take with dial-up?

audioguru said:
Boy am I glad I have high-speed cable internet. Yesteday I downloaded 60MB of zipped 11 months of EPE magazine in a couple of minutes or less.
How long would it take with dial-up?

I would estimate 1 day if I left it running overnite :lol:

Well I'm on ISDN at 128kps and I downloaded the war of the worlds movie. The file size was 1.42 gig and it took 47 hours but I did notice at times I was getting 60 meg an hour. The worst part was the movie was total crap. :cry:

LOL

Yea i hate that wen i download a realy big file and then i find out its crap.

I have an 1Mbit ADSL conection.So downloading goes prety fast.

Il be probobly switching to VDSL from T2.

Durring my summer vacation I downloaded 40GB of The Simpsons (17. series) with my 256Kbit line :twisted:

It took me a while...

Wowey thats a lot of data.

I codnt download that becose i dont have enugh disk space. I have about 25GB of free spance on my 140GB drive.I donwloaded all kinds of stuff, so my harddrive is full of junk.

It really is, I also have tons of other stuf (South-park, Futurama, many movies and music) so my 160GB HDD is always full

I don't burn my things on CDs/DVDs, because I don't have a DVD burner and CDs are too small. And things get updated so quickly that I would have to re-burn it very often. And it is comfortable to just have it on HDD.

I burn things like games and useful stuff.For movies i watch them and then wen i start runing out of HDD space i delete them.

I got a DVD RW drive whith my PC.(A lot of modern games are on DVDs)

I have almost no original games. :lol:

A lot of guys come to me to burn them CDs.Becose most dont know where to download or dont have internet.

Yesterday I replaced my defective digital video recorder from my cable TV/internet provider co. It kept re-booting itself. The new recorder is faster and holds 60 2-hour very clear shows. Its instructions show how to connect an extenal HDD with USB. It keeps downloading stuff all by itself, like it is posessed. They said it downloads its TV-guide 1 week in advance and software updates (bug fixes?).
They said there is no way for me to get a new one because they are all re-furb's (I don't want someone else's problems).
Guess what! It is brand spanking new! :lol:

Deletions all over the place!
Boy-O-Boy am I ever lucky to get them when I did. :lol:

Hiya Audio,
Eh mate that electronics lab forum link you gave gave me the same blank page I've been getting on that forum for months. I registered with it over 6 months ago and after a month every time I loaded the page it came up blank. I even did a google search and tried one of the replies and got the same thing a blank page. I've been right thru my setting to see if micro$oft has barred the site but it's clear to accept cookies. Any ideas why I can't bring the website up as it's got me stumped. :cry:

Cheers Bryan

G'day mate Bryan,
Electronics-lab uses a server that is located in what used to be known as New Orleans, USA that was nearly wiped-out by a hurricane recently.
I complained to the webmaster who said I was the only one with problems. The tech at my ISP had the same problem and gave me the web address of the server's company and I read about their ordeal during and after the hurricane. They posted videos of the flooding, damage and looting. One guy got tired of waiting for days in the office building so he went outside to a park to have a shower in the pouring rain. He got naked (the city was nearly evacuated) and covered with soap when the rain stopped! :lol:

That was a few weeks ago and a few more hurricanes ago. It can only get better as they fix-up the area around the server.
I've made nearly 5000 posts on that electronics chat site in the last 2 years. :lol:

Oh yeah, Bryan,
Your pc is probably recalling the defective page from its "temporary internet files cache". There is a way to set your browser to update the page if it has changed, or you could delete its cookie or the entire cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back