Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who wins from this two ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathotha

hi,

When both turned-on, who wins ?

1574707170768.png

Nothing is "winning". Note, they are in series with each other (look up symbol with long and short bars). The only "load" (resistance) is the resistance of the wire and the contact at the switch. What is the goal of this "battle"/"race"/"competition" that you feel must have a winner?

I just told you, whoever sells you the new power supplies to replace the two which you have just destroyed due to your incompetence.
He wins ££$$.

JimB

i am a novice in electronic, I thought it gonna charge the other power supply, sorry for my stupid question.

Thanks for your replies

i am a novice in electronic, I thought it gonna charge the other power supply, sorry for my stupid question.

Thanks for your replies

A power supply cannot be "charged", there is no storage capability in the power supply to hold the energy.

Look at the polarity of those power supplies, they are in series. Thus you will end up with a 31V power source shorted to itself, and it probably will provide a maximum 2A since that is the current limit of one of the supplies....

Are you talking about connecting electronic power supplies, or actual batteries?

ak

Similar to my first job as a technician on a car radios production line. Sometimes there was a loud explosion followed by laughter.
Accidently or on purpose the main (pretty large) filter capacitor in a radio was mounted with backwards polarity and it exploded.

If the two power supplies in this thread do not limit their current or do not have fuses then they might explode or burn up in smoke.

Every circuit has resistance, inductance and capacitance, even when not on the drawing, your batteries will have internal resistance, so when tunred on ohms law will prevail and dictate the voltages and currents, which over time will decrease due to discharge.
But the answer you really want to hear is that most likely the battery with the higher internal resistance and lower thermal mass will get hottest and probably go bang, and therefore loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back