who remembers this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked for a vending/amusement company and that game was one of the console games I installed and serviced in bars and pool halls. There was the even more basic "Pong" game!!

I liked asteroids, that was a good game. The games my kids play today are amazing. Frogger and pacman was fun in the day as well.

May favorite was Sonic which I still play every now and then using an emulator.

I remember the suicide bombers used to often get me.

Attachments

• Sonic bomber 1..gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Sonic bomber 2..gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 172
I liked asteroids, that was a good game. The games my kids play today are amazing. Frogger and pacman was fun in the day as well.

Asteroids, like Battlezone and Lunar Lander used vector-scan graphics to keep the processing to a minimum.

That was why the screens on them were largely black.

The cell phone that I still use sometimes, that my daughter decided was too old to be seen with about 5 years ago, has so much more processing power than those arcade games that it is hard to comprehend.

Montizumas Revenge on the old early 90's Apple IIe and Macs.
I ruled it and thats all I can say!

My son played those old Atari simple games when he was young. I didn't because they were BORING!

I once met Toshihiro Nishikado the programmer of the original Space Invaders. He came to visit our Manchester office when we were working on a game for Taito. I think it was when we were converting Sky Shark to the NES. Those were fun days. I wonder if I still have his business card.

Mike.

Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars?

Last edited:
Wasn't Space Invaders mentioned in a National Lampoon Vacation movie series?
I remember the effects those games had on younger kids back then, and how one story appeared that a junior high student in my hometown emptied his bank account just to master Space Invaders and Asteroids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…