Who makes custom PCBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt60

I am sure there must be a company out there that makes custom PCBs, and I am wondering if anyone here has any recommendations. Maybe not even a company, maybe just a person who can make custom PCBs.

I do not require components, just the board with traces.

Thanks

-Chris P

While were on it, whats the current most practical way of making them at home? I can google it, but each result is a pitch, so it's hard to be sure.

While were on it, whats the current most practical way of making them at home? I can google it, but each result is a pitch, so it's hard to be sure.
look up some old threads, every few months we get a new "how to make pcb" thread. Look up "pulsar 15 minute board" or link

I use the toner tranfer method with magazine paper for most of my boards.

For boards with finer detail, I use the photo method.

If you want more information, just ask and I'll post you some links.

I use Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com) all the time (no affiliation to them). They run a $33/board special (minimum 4 boards).
You will have to provide them with the Gerbers or you can use the free software from Advanced Circuits to design the PCB.

FYI, if you are interested, I run a business of designing PCBs for various clients and use Advanced Circuits to fabricate the boards.

BatchPCB is good for prototypes- high per-unit cost but low initial cost. That means if you start making a few of the same board, it's cheaper to look elsewhere. But if you need one of many different boards then it's good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…