Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Ribbon Cable To Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidMil

I need to make a 44 pin ribbon cable that has a 2.54mm connector on one end, and a 2.0mm connector on the other. I have the connectors, but
haven't ordered the ribbon cable yet. My question is what pitch should I order for the ribbon cable, and will I have to 'split' the cable a short ways
to make one end or the other line up with the connector? The reason I ask this is because I have some old 3.5 floppy drive ribbon cable that lines
up with the 2.54mm connector but won't line up right with the 2.0mm connector.

Thank you,
David

I'd just get a laptop IDE drive adapter cable - those are 2.54 one end and 2.0 the other.
Modify it as needed..

They often use normal IDC connectors at the 2.54mm end, but individual inserts at the 2mm end.

eg.

I've found lots of 40 pin cables with the different ends but finding a 44 pin cable seems a little harder. I guess
like you say, I'll have to modify one end. Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate all the help I can get!

David

Note that the 2mm pitch end is a 44 way on those, though separate wires on the last four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back