Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Ratings Should We Remove (if any)?

Which Ratings Should We Remove?

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Dislike

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Agree

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Funny

• Informative

• Thanks

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No change.. leave as is

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dave, thank you very much for reading.

Was this an executive decision made by the administration based on the poll? How difficult would it be to add custom code to create a mandatory popup text field for adding a reason for a dislike? That seemed to be a good idea, but having written code for a forum myself I can understand how much of a pain that might be.

Cheers,
Matt
Matt it was a done deal before the poll was posted, the poll and thread is done to make us unwashed feel like we had a say in it. seriously i doubt anyone thought there was going to be any other outcome. its all in the basics of management handbook 101

Much better would be "Please stop crayoning all over this thread"..... That would get used a lot.
I was trying to be polite

Matt it was a done deal before the poll was posted, the poll and thread is done to make us unwashed feel like we had a say in it. seriously i doubt anyone thought there was going to be any other outcome. its all in the basics of management handbook 101
Not true, I can guarantee if more people voted to keep it the same than to get rid of "dislike", that's exactly what would have happened.

Not true, I can guarantee if more people voted to keep it the same than to get rid of "dislike", that's exactly what would have happened.
I remain skeptical of that, but I have to take you at your word.
Just seems funny that some dislikes were handed out, then all of a sudden this poll appeared. :confused:

I remain skeptical of that, but I have to take you at your word.
Just seems funny that some dislikes were handed out, then all of a sudden this poll appeared. :confused:
I won't deny that the large slew of dislikes and resulting arguments and fighting are what brought this discussion to a head, but this has been floating around for quite a while.

Matt you a good bloke, i honestly think you believe that as well.

Still its not important in the bigger scheme of things, found some stuff online today that honestly made me feel a bit sick. I wasnt surprised as such but i am amazed with stuff like that in the public domain more isnt done to clean up this place.

A once respected well known member got totally trashed, when you find deliberate postings elsewhere to set them up, and they end up taking the fall.......... Some real nasty bstards here, also some decent ones.

The dislikes weren't the cause of the arguments, the contents of posts were, which attracted the dislikes.

The dislikes weren't the cause of the arguments, the contents of posts were, which attracted the dislikes.
I understand, I really do. And the discussion to rethink ratings was not brought about by the dislikes, but by the fighting that stemmed from the arguments.

OK - Retracted...
Please edit my quote in your post.

But wasn't there a member in the thick of it, complaining about getting dislikes?
Please be honest with us...
Mick you cant put Matt on the spot like that, its not fair, we all know whats going on. I will email you what i found today

But wasn't there a member in the thick of it, complaining about getting dislikes?
Please be honest with us...
Honestly I haven't paid any mind to said member complaining about the dislikes. In fact I myself said they hold very little meaning, if any, and it was ridiculous to put too much stock in them. The arguments were ones I saw firsthand, and I thought they were completely pointless and unnecessary.

Honestly I haven't paid any mind to said member complaining about the dislikes. In fact I myself said they hold very little meaning, if any, and it was ridiculous to put too much stock in them. The arguments were ones I saw firsthand, and I thought they were completely pointless and unnecessary.
Matt i trust what your saying, but i honestly think only a select few know whats really going on.

Actually if i can screen shot some of it i will post here, just need to find a way to hide the names, except the poor guy who took the fall. Funny how other threads elsewhere are popping up saying same kind of thing with different target name on. My name on, but as you know.............water off a ducks back

Matt i trust what your saying, but i honestly think only a select few know whats really going on.
Please do share. This is an open discussion, there shouldn't be any fear of retaliation. Just keep it civil.

Actually if i can screen shot some of it i will post here, just need to find a way to hide the names, except the poor guy who took the fall. Funny how other threads elsewhere are popping up saying same kind of thing with different target name on. My name on, but as you know.............water off a ducks back
Black out the name in M$Paint.

ok and i will send you the original screen in mail, there is a fair bit of it, actually i got the link easier to send you the link to it. and screen shot a small portion here. Matt i am not afraid, this is an older version. But there is a much newer one, the newer one i am saving because i am not letting that one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back