Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PIC to choose ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljamri

:)Hi,
I'm looking for PIC Microcontroller suits my project discussed Here. and
Here. .
I've tried Microchip site to help me but found the attached list which made me more confused, so if anybody can help, I'll appreciate it. Here are my requirements:

• A2D converter ( I need one channel only )
  • Enough space to connect LCD in 4bit mode.
  • Internal oscillator.
  • As few pin as possible.
Thank you

EDIT: Sorry Here are the links :

Attachments

• PIC.JPG
    PIC.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:
hi aljamri,
Your links will not connect.:D

Look at the 16F887 as on option.

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

But thats 40 pin, I'm trying to avoid 16F876 because I think it is more than what I need.

Check out the **broken link removed**. Looks like a 14 pin device should work. So something like the pic16f1823 should work, if your compiler, edit: (and Programmer) supports the newer enhanced 14 bit devices.

Last edited:
But thats 40 pin, I'm trying to avoid 16F876 because I think it is more than what I need.
I didnt say 16F876 I said 16F887 [16F886] or 16F818

I cannot open your links to see what the project is.??:D

Last edited:
How about the 16F628?
It has no A2D, otherwise it fit my project. Thanks

Check out the **broken link removed**. Looks like a 14 pin device should work. So something like the pic16f1823 should work, if your compiler, edit: (and Programmer) supports the newer enhanced 14 bit devices.
Not available with my websupplier. Thank you.

I didnt say 16F876 I said 16F887 [16F886] or 16F818

I cannot open your links to see what the project is.??:D

Sorry Eric, I'm having some technical problems with the new setup of the form, I've edited my links. Thanks for your continous help.

I suggest you look at the 16F1827 (which I've moved to recently), only 18 pins but an enhanced 14bit core, with loads of extra internal hardware and a number of extra software instructions. And the best thing?, it's a fraction of the price of the older devices like the 16F876.

hi aljamri,
The features page for the 16F1827

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    102.2 KB · Views: 186
Good call Nigel... I've just looked at the datasheet... same size program memory nearly 4k ram... I think its time for me to change aswell.

Scratch that... RS components again I read it as 3848 but its only 348 (I thought the B was an 8, nearly jumped through the roof)

Last edited:
Good call Nigel... I've just looked at the datasheet... same size program memory nearly 4k ram... I think its time for me to change aswell.

And only £0.97 in ones, the 16F648a's I've been using are about £3.40 each.

A great feature (which I specifically needed) is that you can access the GPR's as linear address space - so I've got a 220 byte RS232 buffer.

... I read it as 3848 but its only 348 (I thought the B was an 8, nearly jumped through the roof)

Ian, please take a look at some of the other "enhanced" device offerings. The 18 pin 16F1847 has 1024 bytes RAM...

Regards, Mike

Attachments

• Inventory.png
    Inventory.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
I suggest you look at the 16F1827

Unfortunately, my online supplier has no such PIC. After all I decided to take PIC16F716 which supported by MikroC, my programmer, and has A2D, 20Pin, 2Ports and the lowest coast $1.45 :) .

Thanks for all

Unfortunately, my online supplier has no such PIC. After all I decided to take PIC16F716 which supported by MikroC, my programmer, and has A2D, 20Pin, 2Ports and the lowest coast $1.45 :) .

Thanks for all

Perhaps if your location was filled in, we could make better suggestions?.

Hi Nigel,

Farnell has an agent that brings all the parts we need, but I have to go for him my self to apply for the order and it takes much time than my online supplier takes.

I'll try 16F1827 next time I'll visit him .

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back