Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which one to choose series LC or parallel LC resonant circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUAK

hello,
My task is to transmit electricity via resonant inductive coupling using only one transmitter coil and one receiver coil..
I do not know which one is better to use for my transmitter circuit and receiver circuit, series LC or parallel LC as to make my coil resonate at specific frequency..

I would appreciate an answer with a brief explanation..
Thx ..

:confused: ..i found a book tells that parallel resonance is used for transmitter and receiver circuits.
But no explanation about that..
anyone plz?

I can never remember which way it is, I think parallel gives high impendance at resonance with high voltage and series gives low impedance at resonance with lower voltage, I'm sure someone will be along soon with the answer.

I have a small collection of vintage valve radios, to test them I have a home bashed transmitter for broadcast am, it has a parallel lc tank circuit which performs 2 jobs, it produces a reasonable clean output from a squarewave input, and the inductor is also the aerial (1 meter square of ally tig welding rods), one end is fed with a radio freq squarewave from a crystal osc and the other end comes from a audio power amp chip.

Local oscillators in tranny radios before they went direct synthesis commonly used parallel oscillators.

I'd reccomend parallel, heres some interesting reading for you :

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back