Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which FET to use with an LED driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

James77

Hi All,

Please would someone advise me as to which device would best suit the below application.

I am programming a PIC to drive a Texas Instruments TCL5947 (PWM 12-Bit 24 channel LED driver) via SPI.

I would like to hook up High-Bright LED's (5w) to each channel. The issue I face is that the TLC5947 drives the output low (0v - sink)

Am I able to use a PNP FET to switch my HB-LED's on from the TLC's sink outputs? Out of curiosity, if the TLC drives the outputs low (sink) what does it do when off? Are the outputs high or do they float?

Thanks

you can use a p channel mosfet to drive yr leds(or a pnp transistor ...)post the schematic so we can see whats going on...the op will probably go hi it wouldnt b allowed to float because that would give uneliable operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back