Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which ecu activates "engine exhaust fault lamp"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaBahar

i am working on CAN messages in haima s5 and i want to recognize all of the activated light faults in ICM (instrument control system).
can you tell me which module activates "engine exhaust fault lamp"?

i am working on CAN messages in haima s5 and i want to recognize all of the activated light faults in ICM (instrument control system).
can you tell me which module activates "engine exhaust fault lamp"?

I'm not aware of any "engine exhaust fault lamp" as an individual tell-tale indicator, but the EML (Engine Management Light), CEL (Check Engine Light) and other derivatives, will be illuminated on the instrument cluster, due to fault(s) identified within the ECM (Engine Control Module), PCM (Powertrain Control Module) and other similarly described ECU's (Electronic Control Units)

Is the light you refer to shown in this below image?:
eml.png

Regards.

Has to be the engine control unit the one sensing the exhaust temperature and producing its corresponding error code. The other control units are unrelated to such.

I'm not aware of any "engine exhaust fault lamp" as an individual tell-tale indicator, but the EML (Engine Management Light), CEL (Check Engine Light) and other derivatives, will be illuminated on the instrument cluster, due to fault(s) identified within the ECM (Engine Control Module), PCM (Powertrain Control Module) and other similarly described ECU's (Electronic Control Units)

Is the light you refer to shown in this below image?:
View attachment 113067

Regards.
yes. the first one. top on the left.

Two faults generated.... On diesels the DPF... This is a full particle filter... Engine ECU.
The petrol engines have one or two oxygen sensors mounted on or near the catalyst... Also controlled by the engine ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back