Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where's the Hex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob D.

I'm trying to compile a short C program with MPLAB IDE. Nothing seems to happen when I click to Compile or Make. I'm not sure if it's making a HEX file or not. Where does does IDE normally leave the HEX file? If something is amiss, wouldn't it at least announce some kind or error?

New to Microchip PIC
Bob D.

Mine chucks it in the same working directory as my project and .asm files

1629397359818.png

Bob D. here, The problem turned out to be my use of an uppercase "C" (source.C) as the extension of my source file name. Evidently Microchip does not like upper case! If they're going to be that picky, they should at least produce an error code!

Bob D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back