Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where you go on first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked such a question as hobbies, just lie and say you enjoy long romantic walks on the beach, you enjoy riding tandem bicycles with a charming companion, and you are just crazy about watching the sunset with someone special. Works like a charm... :)

Until they call your bluff, you get a rash on your bum from the bike, you're jokes fall flat you're sensitive to the sun, and you go into anaphylactic shock from shellfish, even if you just step on them.

Until they call your bluff, you get a rash on your bum from the bike, you're jokes fall flat you're sensitive to the sun, and you go into anaphylactic shock from shellfish, even if you just step on them.

In which case you realize you are a pathetic nerd and decide to join a hari krishna organization... :D

**broken link removed**

A good many women are not even remotely interested in electronics or robotics. Pretty women typically aren't interested in deeply technical topics. You take them for a nice stroll at the zoo, mini-golf, amusement park, or a nice scenic boat ride. Boat rides, especially the ones that serve a nice dinner aboard are very nice.

If you have your own nice boat, you can take her far out just beyond sight of land and then say to her, "put out or get out!!" :eek:;);)
After landing the boat ashore, be expecting to be picked up by the police!!:(

A good many women are not even remotely interested in electronics or robotics. Pretty women typically aren't interested in deeply technical topics. You take them for a nice stroll at the zoo, mini-golf, amusement park, or a nice scenic boat ride. Boat rides, especially the ones that serve a nice dinner aboard are very nice.

If you have your own nice boat, you can take her far out just beyond sight of land and then say to her, "put out or get out!!" :eek:;);)
After landing the boat ashore, be expecting to be picked up by the police!!:(

Pirate dating... lol
Arghh wench...

We have a regional radio station with one of the sports presenters being a 50 year old bacholour. The radio station held a competition to get him a wife.

On one date, he got a woman to dress up all nicely, then he took her to the McDonald's drive through :p

Don't do that !

I picked up a girl on a first date in my unrestored 1952 international pickup and told her it only gets better from here! We lived together for 2 years! :D

(before I had a warant put out for her arrest. but thats another story.) :eek:

Attach a recorded speaker on your mouth. That will do the conversation part neatly. Wear a helmet.

I saw some guys having to wear helmets when they went to school. Usually the small bus.

I picked up a girl on a first date in my unrestored 1952 international pickup and told her it only gets better from here! We lived together for 2 years! :D

(before I had a warant put out for her arrest. but thats another story.) :eek:

We could start a new thread on nightmare on female street... Yipes :eek:

But I would rather not relive those memories...

Last edited:
Don't go for spaghetti. I know some folks who can eat spaghetti and look cool doing it but it takes practice. You'll have other things on your mind.

Torben

Man, the other people you have seen who are very well in handling girls may be good for nothing in other areas say in electronics - where you are a warrior! You have your own skills that makes you as a person. It's all about a matter of self confidence. Basically all are talkative only.

Don't go for spaghetti. I know some folks who can eat spaghetti and look cool doing it but it takes practice. You'll have other things on your mind.Torben
Sheesh! Now this thread has evolved to the point that we discuss what cusine to avoid? LMAO! :D At least you could've given him real advice like: avoid eating fresh onions or garlic!! :eek:

Alpha - I have only been half-way following this, but isn't this girl in question someone you have chatted with online?

Your overthinking this, and one my my great regrets in life is overthinking things when it comes to girls and dating. Go with the flow a little.

Don't worry about it so much. If you know her a little already, you should have an idea what she might like, so pick something and go for it. If you know her already, don't pick a coffee shop type place, because you WILL run out of conversation. Pick something active like Hero said, or pick a lighthearted movie to go see.

If you met her in the checkout line at the supermarket and know nothing about her, go for drinks or coffee and have fun having intelligent conversation.

Step back and take a look at things. Its not about what you do on the date, the whole point of a date is to spend time with another person. If the feelings are mutual, anything will go fine. If she dosn't dig you, nothing you pick out is gonna make her like you.

Last edited:
Sheesh! Now this thread has evolved to the point that we discuss what cusine to avoid? LMAO! :D At least you could've given him real advice like: avoid eating fresh onions or garlic!! :eek:

Maybe just avoid Italian food altogether on the first date? :p

Torben

Hey guys,
Thanks for the advices.

I really liked the idea of the boat thing, i guess i'll ask her if she's into it.
A chance to use these muscles for something worth doing.

I guess that i'll just treat her like a friend from the school who you're going out with.
Just ask her whats she likes, say hi to her when we meet, get her into the car and just listen to music and saying something here and there.

When i think about it, what do you talk about while driving somewhere?

Don't use your best material while driving because you always have the reason that you're driving. Really, it's not that big a deal. You'll find something to talk about. YOu shouldn't need a list since it comes off as scripted (though you can always start with how was your week or day and go from there). I find that the times when I can't find something to talk about are times when we aren't getting along as well as we should. And the times that are going best are when we're talking about nothing.

YOu also don't have to be talking the entire time. It's okay to look down and focus on your food for a couple minutes!

Last edited:
haha thanks sis.

Yeah i'll just try to be chill.

Well one last question i guess, How do you take her phone number?
And how you make this conversation on phone?
Its been something like 4 years since i called a girl.

How do you not have her phone number if you're going out with her? Or did you arrange to meet somewhere insted so there is no way she can call to cancel and has to show up lol. Smart.

I was told something along the lines of you never get it at the very end. Get it before that so you still hang out afterwards for a bit so it feels like more than just a pick up. Also something about changing your wording when getting her number from asking whether or not you can call her to assuming you already can but you just don't have her number yet.

Instead of:
"Can I have your number?"
something like
"I'll call you, what's your number?"

I admit it does feel a bit weird though, but it's a lot easier if things are actually going well and you're having a good conversation.

Also, take everything worth a grain of salt: There are theories all over the place all made by guys who will never have a chance in hell at understanding girls lol.

Last edited:
How do you take her phone number?

I like to get them in decimal format. But binary could work, hexadecimal would be cool. ;)

Seriously man, your over thinking this! If you have talked to her before and she seems to like, or atleast tolerate you, just ask for it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back