Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, USA!

Now I have to ask, have you ever been to the MIT electronics swap meet?

P.S. You're pinned as well.

Now I have to ask, have you ever been to the MIT electronics swap meet?

P.S. You're pinned as well.

No, but I did meet Doc Edgarton there (famous for his high speed flash photography; remember the picture of the drop of milk or the bullet through an apple?). He gave me and a buddy a xenon flash tube with schematics. I built the high speed flash.

Titirangi, West Auckland, New Zealand

sorry spec must have been my fat finger error on iPad

Winnipeg, MB
Fort William, ON (now Thunderbay)
Flin Flon, MB ( named after ficticious Flintabbityflonaton from a book )
Dauphin, MB
Winnipeg, MB
San Diego Cali. (Rancho Bernardo or RB, then RP, then PB
Winnipeg, MB
Toronto, near High Park then near North York, Markham, now Richmond Hill.

This is probably a short list of places I have lived compared to some others.
My brother has lived in 3 continents and over 30 major cities

Last edited:
Care to give some details about yourself and location: State etc

spec

Hi seventyThree. I think I know what site you're referring to and who you are :D

Welcome back to ETO. Didn't you create an account here last year?

I hope you find this site a little more comfortable than the last one. I left a certain other site (I expect the same as you) for quite a few reasons.

Regards,
Matt

I was born from German parents in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Due to my fathers job we moved to Montevideo, Uruguay in 1963 and stayed there for 5 wonderful years, than a bit less then 2 Years in Lima, Peru and finally form 1970 to 1976 in Bogotá, Colombia. So I moved to Germany at the age of 19, studied there, fall in love with my wonderful German wife and will stay here for the time that is left for me. The older you get, I am about to be 61, the more your heart belongs to were you was grown up. So while writing this I am hearing "rancheras", right now Rocio Durcal is the singer, from Youtube. Now I am living in a small village west from Munich were the Octoberfest is taking place. I have worked for decades in US companies in the semiconductor industry. Since my health prevents me from working I have re initiated my old hobby modelism. As my finances are not the best I switched from building model airplanes to model ships, specifically a sailboat. At the beginning it was great to work with wood, fiber glass and epoxy, then I added extensive work with aluminium. Being disappointed of the hardware I purchased to expand my 40 MHz radio control equipment I started to reengage in electronics. Since about a decade electronics and working on my workshop in the cellar of our house has been what has helped me to keep my life organized, my mood positive due to the fascination of what I was dealing with. That has helped to fight on the consequences of by now 3 strokes and a couple of times my heart made a break and stopped working. 15 pills a day and the fascination for my activities keep me a life, happy and grateful fighting to get ahead with my hobbies.

Last edited:
Welcome to ETO, nancyvinci92!

I'm 1/4 Canadian (family in and around Woodstock, Ont). I love that part of Canada (primarily farm land, and the RAV4 plant... :cool:).

What are your interests in electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back