Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCOTLAND! Right in the middle. ( Stirling )

Groundskeeper_Willie.png

Wow .... this thread has some legs on it ! .

Started by tvtech as " Where/what country are members from here.. "

Three years and 15 pages later ....

Wow .... this thread has some legs on it ! .

Started by tvtech as " Where/what country are members from here.. "

Three years and 15 pages later ....

Yup. Every Forum needs a thread like this.

Keeps the juices flowing and discussion active.....even though maybe waaay off Topic sometimes.
Just something that Forums need:):)

Regards,
tv

My memory is pretty sporadic; I usually don't remember things that i wish I did, and I can recall useless info no problem. One of the useless tidbits for today is, I remember 2 or 3 years ago (maybe more?) when I was last active on this site, I witnessed the birth of this little member mapping project. IIRC the subject came up, and DerStrom8 (who wasn't a mod at the time I think) took it upon himself to create the map and add people to it. I remember the thread consisting mostly of people volunteering their location and DerStrom responding "Pinned and Listed". I don't see that now. I skimmed the pages of this thread and found mostly tvtech in convo with misc.

So what happened? I remember volunteering my location and I remember DerStrom giving me confirmation. But I'm not on the map and I can't find the proof that I ever was. Not an inquisition, just curious. Did the forum lose posts at one time?

Anyway, I'm back and I've been requested to post here and put myself on the map. Put me down for Angleton, TX, USA, please.

My memory is pretty sporadic; I usually don't remember things that i wish I did, and I can recall useless info no problem. One of the useless tidbits for today is, I remember 2 or 3 years ago (maybe more?) when I was last active on this site, I witnessed the birth of this little member mapping project. IIRC the subject came up, and DerStrom8 (who wasn't a mod at the time I think) took it upon himself to create the map and add people to it. I remember the thread consisting mostly of people volunteering their location and DerStrom responding "Pinned and Listed". I don't see that now. I skimmed the pages of this thread and found mostly tvtech in convo with misc.

So what happened? I remember volunteering my location and I remember DerStrom giving me confirmation. But I'm not on the map and I can't find the proof that I ever was. Not an inquisition, just curious. Did the forum lose posts at one time?

Anyway, I'm back and I've been requested to post here and put myself on the map. Put me down for Angleton, TX, USA, please.

Hi Strantor,

You may be remembering a similar thread and map over at AAC that was started by Magnet18. I don't seem to have any record of you offering your information here. I have added you to ours now though :)

I'm here from southeast Pennsylvania, USA.

Also added :)

Hi Strantor,

You may be remembering a similar thread and map over at AAC that was started by Magnet18. I don't seem to have any record of you offering your information here. I have added you to ours now though :)

Also added :)

Damn. So my memory is bad all around. I guess there's something to be said for consistency though.

Yes it's obviously the great way to introduce other self.
I'm from London and my profession is online Marketing, I'm related to internet and doing work related to internet like SEO, Content writing etc.
So how come you stumbled upon an electronics forum?

Yes it's obviously the great way to introduce other self.
I'm from London and my profession is online Marketing, I'm related to internet and doing work related to internet like SEO, Content writing etc.

I feel I have the responsibility to inform you that if your intent is to attempt to do any marketing here at Electro-Tech-Online, you will be banned as soon as you do. We do not tolerate any type of spam here under any circumstances.

If you are here to discuss electronics, then welcome to the forum!

Oh my GOD you have very strict rules but I'm not here to do marketing for someone. I'm just here because I want to discuss about electronics.
I'm doing electrical engineering and love electronics. Please welcome to a electrical engineer. Thanks.

Hello Emma,

Yes, we do have strict rules here, and if you ask anyone here at ETO I can guarantee that they will say they like our strict "no spam" policy. Spam is a distraction from the purpose of this site and it simply makes a mess of the forums.

That being said, once again, if you are here to discuss electronics then welcome! I mentioned the policy against spam because you said you were in marketing. It was only fair that I let you know ahead of time what our policy is.

Matt

I'm also the member of this forum and not a different from those.

And every other member here gets the same warning (or at least is made aware of our policy regarding spam). It's not personal. I am glad you do not intend to post spam. Enjoy the forum.

Matt

I wonder if marketing forums ban electronics talk? I might go join one and post some schematics to find out :D. hi again Emma, dont worry they bark alot ( A LOT) but rarely bite (think puppies, mostly very sick puppies).

I wonder if marketing forums ban electronics talk? I might go join one and post some schematics to find out :D. hi again Emma, dont worry they bark alot ( A LOT) but rarely bite (think puppies, mostly very sick puppies).

We try not to bite too hard ;)

We just want to make sure this forum remains hospitable for everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back