Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to take this thread more off-topic, but you remind me of someone. Do you, by any chance, have an account at AllAboutCircuits? Your posts remind me a lot of those from a member over there.... :D

LOL Matt.

Yes I am/was Registered there....not one post from me though. Ever.

Man, the Jokes area cracked me up.

Funny as all hell ;)

LOL

Nice site....but I am ETO all the way. This place is a Gem.

As far as I know....and I request advise rarely....ETO is a solid source of info.

This is my home. Man, I love it.

Last edited:
LOL Matt.

Yes I am/was Registered there....not one post from me though. Ever.

Man, the Jokes area cracked me up.

Funny as all hell ;)

LOL

Nice site....but I am ETO all the way. This place is a Gem.

As far as I know....and I request advise rarely....ETO is a solid source of info.

This is my home. Man, I love it.

Ah, then you are not who I thought you might be :D There is another member there from SA who you remind me of.

ETO is my "home" as well, though I still frequent both sites. This was my first electronics forum, and it continues to be my main one :)

Regards,
Matt

Ah, then you are not who I thought you might be :D There is another member there from SA who you remind me of.

ETO is my "home" as well, though I still frequent both sites. This was my first electronics forum, and it continues to be my main one :)

Regards,
Matt

Stay well Buddy...till next time

tvtech :p

You know what guys....the best part is that if things start going well for me...this little stickied thread is going to be great for me to read a few Months from now.

All the frustration is here. All the chirps are here. All the aspirations are here.

Like a little History book. On the crazy NET. That anyone can read. Love it ;)

Best regards,
tvtech

You know what guys....the best part is that if things start going well for me...this little stickied thread is going to be great for me to read a few Months from now.

All the frustration is here. All the chirps are here. All the aspirations are here.

Like a little History book. On the crazy NET. That anyone can read. Love it ;)

Best regards,
tvtech

Sounds great :) I've always enjoyed looking back at old threads. You never stop learning from them. And if you're going through a tough time, whether it be technical or personal, you can always look back later and see how much things have gotten better since then. It really helps you to put the Now into perspective. Don't take anything for granted ;)

Stay well tvtech.

Matt

I am from India and wonder how many other guys are there on the board from my country:D

Not from India ;)

Welcome anyway. How is Technology there these days??. I hear you guys are doing well :)

Regards

tvtech

Last edited:
I am from India and wonder how many other guys are there on the board from my country:D

mvs_sarma is from India, and I believe RITESH KAKKAR is as well. I could be wrong about RITESH though. His location is not mentioned in his profile.

You are not alone. I know there are many members here from India ;)

Welcome!

Matt

mvs_sarma is from India, and I believe RITESH KAKKAR is as well. I could be wrong about RITESH though. His location is not mentioned in his profile.

You are not alone. I know there are many members here from India ;)

Welcome!

Matt

I love Indians. Very clever people. Wish we had more here.

Seriously. ;)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
We have plenty in this country (well, mostly their parents or grandparents were from India) - just love our multicultural heritage - and now we have lots of lovely Poles and Lithuanians too :)

All good intentions to post something excellent.

And then I forgot what it was. And where it was.

It's here somewhere. But I don't know what I am looking for :confused: So I cant find it. Chasing my tail. Again.

Making me dizzy.

Cheers,
tvtech

Last edited:
Anyway, South Africa is a nice place. Just go with the flow and you are fine.

If you can steal and break and destroy....you are a Hero. You might even be considered as President. Love the logic...............

On the other hand, if you try and nurture, build and improve, you will look like a Leper. I am a Leper. And I feel good.

This is the healthiest Leper ever.

Working with ...oh well, you know who :)

Yes, the stock standard African brain is part of all Logic here. No matter how much they have stolen or how much they plan to steal. All the same stupidity with no real change from person to person.

If they canno't steal it....they will break it. Or waste it. Or destroy it. Eventually.

Perfect example from my Personal experience. And if you think I am a Racist..so be it. I have the proof that a White person nurtures....and a African black breaks. Think about this:

Two sets of cheap Meter leads purchased and given to me and my "technician" on the same day around a Year ago. Mine are fine still (points are shorter cause I file them to make sure they are sharp and don't slip)....his are held together with tape. His leads are a Train Smash. Solder here, solder there. Patched all over. Broken here and so forth. And he is fixing TV's with those leads :mad:

That is a but a very small example of the waste that is taking place here in SA.

He wasted Meter Leads worth buggerall.......His ilk in Government waste/steal/destroy/break daily Millions of Rands. Same brain type. Same Mentality.

One Rand wasted or a Million Rand wasted = the same thing.

No appreciation for the value of ANYTHING. Money grows on trees. Africa style.

Regards,
tvtech

Quote kv: Apathy, and poverty doesn't help either. Growing up in a gang enviornment or learning to live by your wit from an early age doesn't help. Ethics are taught and have to be shown as an example. They don't have role models and a supportive culture to back it.

Here in america we have the gang problem and it's spreading just like the urban sprawl and is being handed down by generation to generation. It's not just white, black, hispanic here in the US. It's apathy and ignorance with the salt of greed, plus a dash of what's in it for me attitude.

I'm sure there are other factors, but I know how you feel about people you work with.

I worked for a company that builds shooting ranges. As far as I know they are 2nd to the largest in the world and could have jumped to be the first by now. Anyway, I helped create better manufacturing by making subtle changes in thing that would be considered common sense. ( Not, so Common )

My first day I seen them hand washing their circuit boards in a kitchen sink (Hahahaha) after waving them thru the " Wave machine " it was the same water never draining the water, for 300 boards?
( I think you see the problem right, anyone could ) We'll I said to the super, I know the owner wants to keep things proprietary so he has us build and you super right , but, shouldn't we have a board washer to do this and I think the problem is when we power them up it for the first time and 700v is shorting out the board. (dumb da dumb dumb)

The super say's the water soluble flux was negligible. Negligible? what? who say's Negligible. It conducts for god sake? You have 700v racing across a board at start up. I kept my mouth shut he's a smart guy he's been here the longest and who am I anyway.

So, the engineers can't figure it out 30% loss on the boards in a 300 run over and over. It takes 2 weeks 8hrs a day times 10 people in man hrs to build, plus parts. Their sold for $1500us and we're loosing 30% of them for 2 yrs.

Finally I'd had it, with the ignorance and arrogance. I wanted one run start to finish. (Granted Permission) I was criticized and badgered by super and floor boss for everything I did all the way through, here is to name a few.

First I hand build a light table so I could see positioning of the CPU leads. I might add perfect they were perfect as if a machine did it.

Control tolorance on the wave machine create more wicking on thru board components. Hand picked a point person to inspect diode direction and component placement. But, the most important thing was something, you got it.

That thing that was negligible. I remove an old dishwasher from my house and installed it in the shop, I made dry box to dry them after the wash.

First run of 300, I didn't loose one board. The company re-called all the circuit boards at military bases here and around the world replacing them (because of their erratic random operation) and replaced them with the new boards.

It help to net 9 million in profits in the first month. The Government was withholding sign off on 3 sites worth over 30 million, until these problems were solved. Just because of smart people just playing or dumb or really are dumb.

I'm not an engineer but, by just doing something and using everyday not so common sense, can have a huge impact. The improvements led to more sites, Government, State and City. I was offered nothing including credit.

But, I don't care. The Government is getting a quality product and people are able to train more effeciently on a working firing range.

Don't get me started on Government waste::rolleyes:

kv:)

And what does " He wasted Meter Leads worth Buggerall.. mean " Does it mean worth next to nothing or terribly expensive or :confused:

Last edited:
Buggerall generally means next to nothing, or a negligible amount, at least here in the UK.

It is easy to see why you find it so hard there.
It is easy to find "proof" for all the negatives.
I don't think your example proves anything, except that two individuals look after something in different ways, the same happens all over the world, regardless of ethnic background.

Unfortunately what you are proving is what the ANC says about whites in SA is correct, though you are certainly not representative of the majority of whites in SA, most of whom love their country and have or are learning to live in a country that has undergone huge changes.

There is no "brain type", just different ways of looking at things.

Government wastage???? Depends on what each persons priorities are, but the only difference in wastage in SA and the UK is that in SA it is done in the sun, and in UK in the rain.

And if you think I don't agree with your manner of writing..so be it. You would be right!

It is easy to see why you find it so hard there.
It is easy to find "proof" for all the negatives.
I don't think your example proves anything, except that two individuals look after something in different ways, the same happens all over the world, regardless of ethnic background.

Unfortunately what you are proving is what the ANC says about whites in SA is correct, though you are certainly not representative of the majority of whites in SA, most of whom love their country and have or are learning to live in a country that has undergone huge changes.

There is no "brain type", just different ways of looking at things.

Government wastage???? Depends on what each persons priorities are, but the only difference in wastage in SA and the UK is that in SA it is done in the sun, and in UK in the rain.

And if you think I don't agree with your manner of writing..so be it. You would be right!

Hello Sangoma

I see you are new here. Welcome to ETO :D

All I post on this Forum is fact. I make nothing up. I tell things the way they are.

I have seen South Africa go from a shining beacon of hope to the whole world in 1994 to the dump it is now. Uselessness and complacency is the norm now. Rather than the exception.

I am not a fan of uselessness. I choose not to simply put blinkers on and pretend all is good when it is not.

Because I am not useless. Yet.

Who knows though, with enough time spent around useless people I might eventually start thinking and acting like them.

That scares me.

tvtech

I'm sure there are other factors, but I know how you feel about people you work with.

I worked for a company that builds shooting ranges. As far as I know they are 2nd to the largest in the world and could have jumped to be the first by now. Anyway, I helped create better manufacturing by making subtle changes in thing that would be considered common sense. ( Not, so Common )

My first day I seen them hand washing their circuit boards in a kitchen sink (Hahahaha) after waving them thru the " Wave machine " it was the same water never draining the water, for 300 boards?
( I think you see the problem right, anyone could ) We'll I said to the super, I know the owner wants to keep things proprietary so he has us build and you super right , but, shouldn't we have a board washer to do this and I think the problem is when we power them up it for the first time and 700v is shorting out the board. (dumb da dumb dumb)

The super say's the water soluble flux was negligible. Negligible? what? who say's Negligible. It conducts for god sake? You have 700v racing across a board at start up. I kept my mouth shut he's a smart guy he's been here the longest and who am I anyway.

So, the engineers can't figure it out 30% loss on the boards in a 300 run over and over. It takes 2 weeks 8hrs a day times 10 people in man hrs to build, plus parts. Their sold for $1500us and we're loosing 30% of them for 2 yrs.

Finally I'd had it, with the ignorance and arrogance. I wanted one run start to finish. (Granted Permission) I was criticized and badgered by super and floor boss for everything I did all the way through, here is to name a few.

First I hand build a light table so I could see positioning of the CPU leads. I might add perfect they were perfect as if a machine did it.

Control tolorance on the wave machine create more wicking on thru board components. Hand picked a point person to inspect diode direction and component placement. But, the most important thing was something, you got it.

That thing that was negligible. I remove an old dishwasher from my house and installed it in the shop, I made dry box to dry them after the wash.

First run of 300, I didn't loose one board. The company re-called all the circuit boards at military bases here and around the world replacing them (because of their erratic random operation) and replaced them with the new boards.

It help to net 9 million in profits in the first month. The Government was withholding sign off on 3 sites worth over 30 million, until these problems were solved. Just because of smart people just playing or dumb or really are dumb.

I'm not an engineer but, by just doing something and using everyday not so common sense, can have a huge impact. The improvements led to more sites, Government, State and City. I was offered nothing including credit.

But, I don't care. The Government is getting a quality product and people are able to train more effeciently on a working firing range.

Don't get me started on Government waste::rolleyes:

kv:)

And what does " He wasted Meter Leads worth Buggerall.. mean " Does it mean worth next to nothing or terribly expensive or :confused:

Hi KV

I enjoyed reading your post. I see I am not the only one who has issues with stupid people :(

Regards,
tvtech

PS: throbscottle nailed it. Buggerall means next to nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back