Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get Schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaAs

I have a Mitsubishi HS-U56P VCR that has a few blown diodes and caps on the power supply board .... Anyone know of a good source on purchasing schematics?

Thanks in advance!

I do not know for sure, but I think that you will have a big problem finding a schematic. If it is just the power supply, and the components have values you should be able to figure it out. What blew the power supply though, as the main unit may be damaged also.

goodpickles said:
I do not know for sure, but I think that you will have a big problem finding a schematic. If it is just the power supply, and the components have values you should be able to figure it out. What blew the power supply though, as the main unit may be damaged also.

Electrolytic cap is the guilty component. It burnt the diodes beyond recognition but I'll just estimate a current and go with a common diode. I don't think the external components shorted the supply but I'll measure the loads.

Thanks anyway!

Most VCR's use high freq SMPS these days. Rectifier diodes should be shottky or other fast switching diodes. Normal diodes like 1N4007 will overheat due to the long storage times.

TheOne said:
Most VCR's use high freq SMPS these days. Rectifier diodes should be shottky or other fast switching diodes. Normal diodes like 1N4007 will overheat due to the long storage times.

Thanks TheOne... Good info to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back