Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy PCB etching components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg2k4

What is a good place to buy, in decent volume, the boards, which are plain copper, not UV sensitized, and the etching solution. I've looked at jdr.com so far, and they have good prices on the boards, buy I can't find the solution. They have an etching kit **broken link removed**. but it doesn't list etching solution as an included item. I'd think a kit would include solution, wouldn't you?

Just to estimate what I want, at least enough boards and solution for 10 5"x5" (or so) singled-sided boards.

I plan to use the toner method to do the etching.

Try to find something local is your best option. I found some decent 1oz 6" X 12" single sided boards from a local shop for 60cents each. I also found a litre of ferric chloride for 12$ at another place down the street.

Chemicals are always good to find locally, since the shipping is outrageous. Do not go to digikey for PCBs, their prices are ridiculous on them.

Steve

Kelvin

Try Kelvin Electronics 800-535-8469 https://www.kelvin.com

They were moving as of May 2000 so that phone number may not be any good, but probably is. Kelvin targets schools for their sales but will sell to anyone. They have a lot of interesting items as well as ammonium persulfate, the etchant I prefer.

Dean

Yeah,, Ammonium Persulphate is a lot less messy and you can see when the board is etched, rather then pulling it out all of the time to see.
Ferric Chloride provides a better etch though, or so I have heard.

Steve

Kelvin seems to have pretty good prices on the circuit boards and chemicals. I may order some stuff from them.

What kind of stores should I check for the etching chemicals? There is only one decent non-Radio Shack electronics store withing 20 mins of where I live that I know of, and they don't carry the stuff.

I guess I'll try both ammonium persulphate and ferric chloride, and see which I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back