Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy parts for DIY programmer, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just take a look to the schemes and follow the net on pcb. I dont have the pictures.

Perhaps I will post it later, but now, no pictures.

Dont be confused with its simple schems.

Well, it's only 5.1V (or 5V1 zener) and 6.2V (or 6V2 zener), the diodes is 1N4001 x 4 diodes. and 10 K resistor + 1.5 K resistor + DB9 + sockets + 100uF 16V cap x 2 caps.

Anymore question? You didn't see in the schemes, did you?

falleafd said:
Just take a look to the schemes and follow the net on pcb. I dont have the pictures.

Perhaps I will post it later, but now, no pictures.

Dont be confused with its simple schems.

Well, it's only 5.1V (or 5V1 zener) and 6.2V (or 6V2 zener), the diodes is 1N4001 x 4 diodes. and 10 K resistor + 1.5 K resistor + DB9 + sockets + 100uF 16V cap x 2 caps.

Anymore question? You didn't see in the schemes, did you?

Please, Do understand that I am fairly new. What is that ICSP in the schematic drawing? Why do i need two pairs of IC sockets?

PS. Is ORCAD free to download?

Yes, of course, if you need the ORCAD files. Because I thought PDF is popular, and some students here do not get ORCAD.

Its down here

2 sockets because it's designed for most range of PICs, and with small chips, you have to use inner socket, with big chip such as 16f877, you need outter one.

And with ROM, you need inner ones.

Is this clear?

ICSP is In Circuit Serial Programming. That is you don't have to pick you PICs out from your circuits, you need only give it 6 pins out included: PGD (RB7) + PGC (RB6) + PGM (RB3) + VDD + VSS + MCLR out as in the circuit.

Every time you need to re-program you chip, you connect from ICSP of the programmer to your PIC-circuits, and you can program for it.

If you need a tutorial of ICSP, visit the site of www.sparkfun.com or www.olimex.com.

Attachments

• pg2c_falleaf_154.zip
    90.7 KB · Views: 177
Hey man, you funny huh?

I dont' have the program to open your ORCAD file. is there a way to open this?

?????? what the matter with you?

Do you mean that the program ORCAD is free? or not? or you need my ORCAD files for free?

My ORCAD file is free!!!! I do it just to help newbie like you, because I'm used to be newbie years ago and Nigel helped meeh muchie from here.

I don't know how to open ORCAD files with other programs. So sorry.

However, just take a look from the schemes and see which component is placed on the pcb board. You follow the routine (copper lines) and put in the suitable components.

That all what I may help. :(

falleafd said:
Hey man, you funny huh?

I dont' have the program to open your ORCAD file. is there a way to open this?

?????? what the matter with you?

Do you mean that the program ORCAD is free? or not? or you need my ORCAD files for free?

My ORCAD file is free!!!! I do it just to help newbie like you, because I'm used to be newbie years ago and Nigel helped meeh muchie from here.

I don't know how to open ORCAD files with other programs. So sorry.

However, just take a look from the schemes and see which component is placed on the pcb board. You follow the routine (copper lines) and put in the suitable components.

That all what I may help. :(

Thanks.
You don't have to help if you don't want to. Just be patient. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back