Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is 110 AC Volts read on the scale of a WV77A Junior VTVM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not certain what your question is.
First set zero adj to "0" reading. No input on the meter.
Set the right knob to volts AC. Set the left knob to 300V. Now measure the voltage.
The meter will read from 0 to 300V full scale. (use 0 to 3.0 marks) The meter should read 1.2 which is 120volts.

It is a goofy panel meter face probably used also on other models with knob selector of 3, 6, 12 scales. This meter does not have the 6, 60 or 600 selector; only 3 and 12 are implemented.
The scale ending in 60 should not be there.
When knobs are in 300V and on AC Volts as squared in red, the second scale is the one to read.
The superimposed red line is showing 120VAC for a 300V selection, not 110 as titled.

Last edited:
Just for future reference a copy of the WV 77A manual can be found here. The link includes a schematic drawing of the meter and for AC Voltage measurements reflects a 3, 12, 60, 30 and 1200 Volt ranges. Below the Zero Adjust knob at 12:00 O'Clock is 60 Volt RX1000 range. The 60V is obscured by the knob in the angle of the image. Anyway, that's why there is a 0 - 60 Scale on the meter face.

Ron

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Ron

Well at least it does not have a decibel scale.

The devil made me say it.

JimB

Well at least it does not have a decibel scale.

The devil made me say it.

JimB
Good point. The first VTVM I remember working with was likely the HP 400H which had a decibel scale. Maybe some before that but I can't remember. :)

Ron

Thanks for correcting me.
Murphy's law showed up when I searched for better pictures on the web trying to confirm the oscured setting :arghh:
View attachment 120952
The only reason I chased it down was I cheated and looked at the manual. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back