Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where do i learn bout PIC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay.slovak said:
Try to do Verify instead of Blank check!

Isn't "blank check" just checks whether the device is blank and should work in this case?

You are not thinking that the program actually try to erase a device then tell you it is blank, are you?

Jay.slovak said:

but Jay, if that's the problem .. then wat should i do ?? coz i tried uploading the PIC with other program .. it worked.. it was only the bootloader.. i tried with other PICs .. still the same.. tiny still couldnt detect my PIC.. thanx

eblc1388 said:
Jay.slovak said:

Isn't "blank check" just checks whether the device is blank and should work in this case?

You are not thinking that the program actually try to erase a device then tell you it is blank, are you?
Was that question for me? I know what Blank Check is supposed to do...
I am confused :shock:

Jay.slovak said:
eblc1388 said:
Jay.slovak said:

Was that question for me? I know what Blank Check is supposed to do...
I am confused :shock:

now i'm comfused :? :?

kupikupi said:
Jay.slovak said:

but Jay, if that's the problem .. then wat should i do ?? coz i tried uploading the PIC with other program .. it worked.. it was only the bootloader.. i tried with other PICs .. still the same.. tiny still couldnt detect my PIC.. thanx

Jay ... in case u missed this part.... thanx

I didn't miss it, I just didn't understand :lol:
Bootloader HEX is an essential part of Bootloading type of programming. So it has to be programmed correctly. What is your problem again?

Hi Jay,

I know why you are confused.

You are right to tell kupikupi to use "Verify" to check that the bootloader HEX file was sucessfully loaded into the PIC.

Right now he doesn't even know whether the bootloader HEX file is being programmed into the PIC or not.

Jay.slovak said:
I didn't miss it, I just didn't understand :lol:
Bootloader HEX is an essential part of Bootloading type of programming. So it has to be programmed correctly. What is your problem again?

well... i programmed it the way i programmed the others... the others worked fine .. but after i programmed the bootloader into the PIC... it didnt work... Tiny cant detect it ...

Jay .... i got this while compiling the bootloader..

Attachments

• errors.jpg
    errors.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 584
OMG, you mustn't move the source file which has additional include files (those icdpictypes.inc and spbrgselect.inc) out without them! Just compile dirrectly in Tiny folder and it WILL work.

thanx Jay ...

i've got a new problem ... i've got only 2 ccp channels .. and i need 2 each for decoding IR signal and to drive the 2 motors.. so i was told to use the ccp channels to measure the pulse width of the digital signal from the IR detector.. and i also need the ccp channels for speed control of my motors .. what should i do ?? is there other way?? doi have to use ADC for the IR part? buthow will it be??im so confused now... i need help .. thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back