Where did you nickname come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in the field of high technology, but I rather be a forestry logger with a real chainsaw or a deep woods cabin dweller with a wolf for my pet.

How come Microtexans username appears in bold on my machine and nobody elses does ?

Mine too...

Could it have been a [ B ]microtexan[ / B ] at registration time?

Perhaps we may become enlightened by the man himself....

How come Microtexans username appears in bold on my machine and nobody elses does ?
I see it as bold too.

I've been House0Fwax for years (since I was on A.O.L.), it came from the 3-D
film from 1953 with Vincent Price (not the remake). Mr. Price is one of my favourites, and 3-D is a hobby.

Mine shows support for my University of Tennessee Volunteers athletic teams, but the AD administration has gotten so money hungry lately I'm considering a radical change. (This is the year, isn't it?)

I used to compete in those SPL (sound pressure level) competitions that several major
sanctioning bodies put on around the world. USAC, IASCA, DB Drag. I completed with
an old Dodge Dart Sport with 8 18" Rockford Fosgate subwoofers and about 2.5KW of
power... Yes.. 2500 REAL watts rms. 6 Deep cycle marine batteries. Custom built alternator
and lots of 0 guage cable. Best SPL at windshield measured with LinearX and Coustic
db meters C weighted was 163.8 db. Been 9-10 years ago now though hehe. SPL-Dart
Top 10 in the nation my class for 3 years. USAC.

Last edited:
Cry_Wolf is the name of the great movie i saw but i have no idea how i ended up making it my nick (use it quite often)

My nickname came from my days working as a printer engineer. My favourite machines to work on were Canon laser printers... much nicer than those nasty Brothers and Kyoceras etc.

When sparks fly.

Mine came from a Blue arc spark off my finger right into the laser. A 5 dish CD Player JVC in fact. It wasn't reading and thought it was the Laser.

Another tech still learning asked where is the laser ? so, I pointed.

Who new ?

It still maybe could have been a laser. But, we will never know.

The DVD Player worked after the Blue arc spark and was Charged by My Boss as Completed.

We ran this thing for a month with doubt. However, working and never herd of again.

Oddly enough my actual name is - KV

Cheers and a Spark.

My user name used to be Ron H. Another guy joined the forums with the user name RonH. I didn't want him to be embarrassed when I made stupid replies , so I asked the admin to change my user name to Roff.

Why Roff? When I worked at Micron, I spent a lot of time analyzing DRAM output driver characteristics, one of which was ON resistance, called Ron (pronounced R-on). Since my name is Ron, the guys started calling me R-on. Then someone called me R-off. Hence the new user name.

Now I am probably confused with Rolf, another member.

Last edited:
Creative lacking on my part I guess.

First initial and last name. Like JimB, picked it for account name for work many many years ago. I have been called Mr. Amos .

Still like to hear the monkeybiter story though.

In my case, "jb" are my first and last initials, "eng" because I was an engineer with a company for sixteen years (before being laid off) hence "jbeng". I've used it for my email address for many years, too. As far as my "reputation", I am nowhere near a newbie, as I've been in the field of electronics for nearly thirty years.
Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…