Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where did you nickname come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in the field of high technology, but I rather be a forestry logger with a real chainsaw or a deep woods cabin dweller with a wolf for my pet.

I'm somewhat old and left-handed of course :rolleyes:

Lefty
I thought it was political.:rolleyes:

I don't know how I came up with my name. I use several names on the Internet, I've also used: Aloone, Ghostly Ghoul and Sockpuppet. :D

How come Microtexans username appears in bold on my machine and nobody elses does ?

Mine too... :confused:

Could it have been a [ B ]microtexan[ / B ] at registration time?

Perhaps we may become enlightened by the man himself....

How come Microtexans username appears in bold on my machine and nobody elses does ?
I see it as bold too.

I've been House0Fwax for years (since I was on A.O.L.), it came from the 3-D
film from 1953 with Vincent Price (not the remake). Mr. Price is one of my favourites, and 3-D is a hobby.

Mine shows support for my University of Tennessee Volunteers athletic teams, but the AD administration has gotten so money hungry lately I'm considering a radical change. (This is the year, isn't it?)

I used to compete in those SPL (sound pressure level) competitions that several major
sanctioning bodies put on around the world. USAC, IASCA, DB Drag. I completed with
an old Dodge Dart Sport with 8 18" Rockford Fosgate subwoofers and about 2.5KW of
power... Yes.. 2500 REAL watts rms. 6 Deep cycle marine batteries. Custom built alternator
and lots of 0 guage cable. Best SPL at windshield measured with LinearX and Coustic
db meters C weighted was 163.8 db. Been 9-10 years ago now though hehe. SPL-Dart
Top 10 in the nation my class for 3 years. USAC.

Last edited:
Cry_Wolf is the name of the great movie i saw but i have no idea how i ended up making it my nick :D (use it quite often)

My nickname came from my days working as a printer engineer. My favourite machines to work on were Canon laser printers... much nicer than those nasty Brothers and Kyoceras etc.

When sparks fly.

Mine came from a Blue arc spark off my finger right into the laser. A 5 dish CD Player JVC in fact. It wasn't reading and thought it was the Laser.

Another tech still learning asked where is the laser ? so, I pointed.

Who new ?

It still maybe could have been a laser. But, we will never know.

The DVD Player worked after the Blue arc spark and was Charged by My Boss as Completed.

We ran this thing for a month with doubt. However, working and never herd of again.

Oddly enough my actual name is - KV

Cheers and a Spark. :)

My user name used to be Ron H. Another guy joined the forums with the user name RonH. I didn't want him to be embarrassed when I made stupid replies :D, so I asked the admin to change my user name to Roff.

Why Roff? When I worked at Micron, I spent a lot of time analyzing DRAM output driver characteristics, one of which was ON resistance, called Ron (pronounced R-on). Since my name is Ron, the guys started calling me R-on. Then someone called me R-off. Hence the new user name.

Now I am probably confused with Rolf, another member.:(

Last edited:
Creative lacking on my part I guess.

First initial and last name. Like JimB, picked it for account name for work many many years ago. I have been called Mr. Amos :D .

Still like to hear the monkeybiter story though.

In my case, "jb" are my first and last initials, "eng" because I was an engineer with a company for sixteen years (before being laid off) hence "jbeng". I've used it for my email address for many years, too. As far as my "reputation", I am nowhere near a newbie, as I've been in the field of electronics for nearly thirty years.
Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back