Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where did you nickname come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menticol

While checking the forum and falling asleep on the keyboard, that dumb question came to my mind...

In my case, "Menticol" is a brand of cheap minty spray lotion, very useful when mosquitoes attack on tropical climates. The exagerated menthol smell deserves an NFPA warning label. Don't know its relationship with electronics :rolleyes:

What about yours?

Last edited:
Mike was taken.

While checking the forum and falling asleep on the keyboard, that dumb question came to my mind...

In my case, "Menticol" is a brand of a cheap minty spray lotion, very useful when mosquitoes attack on tropical climates. The exagerated menthol smell deserves an NFPA warning label. Don't know its relationship with electronics :rolleyes:

What about yours?

hi menticol,
I new avator for you.:)
**broken link removed**

Around 1971 I needed a user name to login to a college computer*, so I just contracted my name (Jim Butler) to JimB, and I have been using JimB as a Nom de Guerre ever since.

*The computer was a PDP10 mainframe with a whole load of printing terminals, not quite as crude as a teletype but not far off by todays standards.

JimB

Around 1971 I needed a user name to login to a college computer*, so I just contracted my name (Jim Butler) to JimB, and I have been using JimB as a Nom de Guerre ever since.

*The computer was a PDP10 mainframe with a whole load of printing terminals, not quite as crude as a teletype but not far off by todays standards.

JimB

I think my next nick, where ever it may be, will be Nom de Guerre. I just like that :)

My name is Mark Ormesher but everyone that knows me calls me ormo (shortened surname)

My name is Andy. Its a common name and is always taken. The 1845c is a model of Case skid loader to be honest. Its a name I use many places on the net. Its never taken, haha:D

Take a step back, Monkeybiter... :)

**broken link removed**

I know it is a chimp, not a monkey...

Last edited:
:D

That was rather swift! Do you just happen to have a lot of strange piccies on your hdd?

'Chimps with guns' ? Wasn't that a video?

MVP [Most Violent Primate]:)

microtexan.... I'm real small and I'm from near Houston or I'm from near Houston and am interested in micro controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back