Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can one buy a MAX603?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only need one, why not see if you can get a sample? Go **broken link removed** and follow the Samples link...

ChrisP said:
If you only need one, why not see if you can get a sample? Go **broken link removed** and follow the Samples link...

I actually need around 5 or so in the long run, so I need to find somewhere that sells them, or failing that, a similar regulator.

National offers their LP2989 series, and TI offers the **broken link removed**.

The LP2989 is only available in SMD form; the TPS7150 is available in SMD or DIP package. Neither of these offer the adjustability of the MAX603.

ChrisP said:
National offers their LP2989 series, and TI offers the **broken link removed**.

The LP2989 is only available in SMD form; the TPS7150 is available in SMD or DIP package. Neither of these offer the adjustability of the MAX603.

I'm looking for DIP's (I don't have the equipment for SMD's unfortunately), the adjustability is not my primary concern, I just liked the MAX603 because it was a good switching regulator, ate up little current, had a wide range of voltages it could work from, and had an internal inductor.

Ok, I'm reading over the data sheet for the TPS7150Q, and have a question. Does drop out voltage mean the point at which it can no longer provide a regulated 5V at XmA? So for the chart, at 500mA the drop out voltage is slightly < .15V (lets call it .15V for simplicity), does this mean that as long as my battery pack is supplying .15V or more, it can still produce 5V @ 500mA?

If so this seems really ideal.

EDIT: I think I've located this regulator: Digi-key seems to have it in dip, but JOOC, what does SC70-5 mean? Is this a type of packaging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back