Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can i get a simple circuit designed and made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrclox

Hi,

I need a simple circuit designed and made. Where could i go to have this made up maybe in units of 50 or so?

This circuit is for model airplane use using proportional radio control.
Basically i want a small lightweight device that would plug in between the receiver and the gyro that reads the proportional signal and when a button is pressed remmembers this figure. When this is powered up again if the signal is not the same as the remembered signal then a buzzer sounds until power is shutdown.

I would not be averse to making this circuit myself as I am quite handy, but I beleive i would need to program a small chip and I would need help with the software.

Thanks In advance

Could you explain what this is for more clearly? Your description of what it does doesn't seem to provide any useful function?

Ok
on a model helicopter you have a gyro which stabilises the tail and holds it in a constant direction. The amount by which the gyro works to stabilise is set on the transmitter as a number this is then sent to the receiver so the gyro knows the amount to work. I want this to buzz if i attempt to start the heli with a figure that is different to my normal setting. For instance if i have been messing with the gyro settings in the transmnitter and then try to fly with different settings than i usually do.

If you have the gyro set too high then the servo has to work very hard and can overheat, too low and the tail; will not hold attitude.

hope this makes sense

Last edited:
Yeah it makes sense, you could do it with a micro controller, what you're describing is pretty simple, and could be done with a really cheap micro controller and maybe a capacitor to filter power. An 8pin soic package is actually a little smaller than the servo connectors you're using, you'd need to buffer the power with a capactor but that's a bout it no other components would be required you wouldn't need to use a Pc board or anything just solder it all up by hand and use a non-conductive epoxy to encapsulate the whole thing.

Thanks for your reply, I would happily make this up myself but I would need a circuit diagram and list of parts as i am not electronics savvy

You would need to program it as well Mrclox. I've had an idea for years to build something very similar to what you're talking about, though for different uses. Such as inline mixers or servo slowers. Never really developed it though I did by few chips to test. I should probably finish it. But that wouldn't be happening very soon as I've not really developed any code for it yet.

Thanks for replies so far...

Can anyone help me with a simple circuit diagram for this? also where can i get help programming the micro controller or where can i get someone to do it for me?
Thanks

This is well within my realm of knowledge Mrclox. How big of a unit are you willing to use? I'm not comfortable with the ultra compact design I mentioned using an MCU yet because of line voltage and temperature variations screwing with the clock and I haven't done any testing to see if self calibration is possible with the micro's I use.

But with a simple crystal oscillator stability is high enough to not worry about it. Would a board 1inch square and maybe 1/3 of an inch high be too big to start? I'd be willing to build a proto type if you'd give me a week or so. Mainly because it suits ideas I've been wanting to get off the ground for a long time now.

That sounds absolutely fine , remember that the single signal feed from the receiver needs to carry on to the gyro.

Thanks

Yes, as I understand you want to tap the incoming PPM servo signal, which I'm amusing is the adjust signal for your gyro's gain or trim channel and pass that signal on to the gyro. You want to be able to push a button to save the incoming pulse width and check this on power up, if it doesn't match sound an alarm.

Did I get all that?

Yes Thanks
although the alarm should only sound for 10-15 seconds because sometimes the gyro gain is changed in flight via a switch... or better still it sounds for longer then wont sound if changed whilst powered up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back