Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when pin goes 1, need to send 1 byte to specific telephone number and read it with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

miro_gt

how do I do that ? ... easy

I guess I want to use Hyperterminal to receive the call and show/save the byte. And will have to log from which number the call is coming.

the byte will be latched on 8 bit paralel chip (74-373). So I think I need a UART chip, then a MAX232 chip, then an external computer modem ... to send it. To receive it, the hyperterminal program has to be able to answer incoming calls automatically.

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

What's going to handle the dialing? You'll need a micro controller to do the dirty work.

thinking about it, it may be easier to do the opposite - I dail the number with hyperterminal where my device is connected on the other side, and it should send me that byte upon received call.

what do you think ?

P.S. because I was thinking about TCP/IP and upon some research it turned to be quite complicated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back