Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wheatstone + Op Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

What is the best configuration to get high amplification for very small changes in a Wheatstone Bridge
thanks
Kinarfi

How high is the amplification you need?

1000 to 5000 is my best guess, half of the bridge is 4.99k 1% resistor connected to a 50 ohm 25 turn trim pot, the other half is 350 ohm per leg strain gauge

What is the best configuration to get high amplification for very small changes in a Wheatstone Bridge
thanks
Kinarfi

Use an instrumentation amplifier like this one. Poke around on TI's web site. They have several similar to this one. Get prices at DigiKey.

Would an amplifier with a log response (or other non-linear response that helps compress the range) be useful? I've been tinkering with a bridge to make some measurements and the null would be very deep, in a relative sense. A friend who is in the business suggested a particular log amp. I put the project down until summer is over. It's not something I know much about but his suggestion made perfect sense.

thanks
Kinarfi

hi,
The type posted by Mike would be ideal for a bridge input.

Excellent!!!!! Thank You All
Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back