Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's your education level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to know where he is from, and it makes even more sense (no offense to Tech Master 117 intended).

That makes for the hell of an intrigue. But no, I am not going to beg for clues...! :stop: :p

Welcome Tech Master 117!

For your knowledge i am from India, please rectify me if speak wrong english and if you are clueless about that nanosuit thing let me explain it to you, it is a kind of fictional power suit that is made up of nano cri fibrils that provides it's user superhuman powers.

Last edited:
For your knowledge i am from India, please rectify me if speak wrong english and if you are clueless about that nanosuit thing let me explain it to you, it is a kind of fictional power suit that is made up of nano cri fibrils that provides it's user superhuman powers.

OK to your origin.

That suit would likely no fit me. Too fat for that nowadays. :hilarious:

it can even fit biggy from WWE it's name is nanosuit so it doesn't mean that it is a very small suit it is just made of nanofabricated materials.

I finished EE.. but honestly, does the education level matters if you keep learning regardless? This thing called the internet - there's just so many more things then in my textbook and lectures (they are quite possibly ALSO on the internet :)

Textbooks are totally different. I haven't really searched much, but mechanical engineering like building of small structures. My book was lost/stolen. Nor do I see fluids taught in the same way, Even with EE the tone is toward you already know.

You do have to realize that each discipline has rules. Sometimes, the negative wire is red. e.g. Thermocouples. Never learned that in school.

I have the Diploma in Electronics and Communication... and I have also ITC (Industrial Training Certificate in India Government)in the same. I have had electronics in my blood since around the age of 3 years old, My mother says. Trying to open the Torch Bulb. I remeber that scene.

Now I am working in Kerala State Electricity Board, Idukki ( Asia's Largest under ground Power Station).

I am really a MAD on Electronics.. :)

Professional PCB designer too.. Its doing after my duties....

Thing is....you have to have a PASSION for Electronics. Otherwise...you are wasting your time

So, I mostly sit back and watch. Great Forum. Great members.

Regards

I didn't really learn anything about electronics in high school but U have always been intrested in electronics and computer technology All that I learned during that period was self-taught, and included a LOT of research in my spare time.

My passion for electronics started very early, like tvtech I was always taking stuff apart and from as early as I can remember I wanted a career in electronics. After high school I went to college and progressed to an HND in electrical and electronic engineering, while working for an electronics firm 3 days a week until I qualified. My main weakness was maths, I could never, and still cant get my head round differential equations or integration, and that really held me back so although I completed all the coursework throughout the years, I failed the maths exam at the end of the 2 year course, so strictly speaking, I only ever made it to HNC level, even though I do have paper work that shows I passed most of the exams at diploma level.

However, I don't recall using anything I learned at college in my job testing and fault finding audio equipment, except maybe on one occation trying to convince a colleague who thought he knew better that a small phase shift was to be expected down a very long length of cable.

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I had it all. Dad was x-military EE and ME and knew how to do anything. Only time he ever called a repairman was for the TV, because they didn;t teach TV in the navy schools back then - only single-beam CRT - No audio/video demux stages like was in our B&W back in 1960 :) When that guy opened his toolkit and his bag of tubes and components - I was in heaven and he always left the bad parts for me . Anyway, stuff I did know and understand kept me busy: Tinkertoy, Erector Set (Like Mechano) Lincoln Logs, I built both the Revell Visible V8 & Airplane engines and flew Kites, rockets and methanol-fueled Cox .049 engined TETHERED airplanes. I made chemicals and explosives (and my own rocket engines), repaired all our and the neighbors bikes, lawnmowers, and gas-engined go-karts and mini bikes. One christmas I got an ExceIite Roll-up toolkit and a soldering iron, and from that day on, was hooked! and regularly dumpster-diving and bringing home all kinds of electrical and electronic equipment and appliances in my little brothers red wagon, to dissect and see if I could figure out how 'It all worked' . My neighbor Greg B. and I had a 2-way comm system with flashing light and speaker/mic linked by 'surplus' Military-grade SS telephone wires that were stretched between our houses and across our alley. We practiced code with that. I had a CB radio license and a 5.0W CB radio (that I found and fixed) with a 35' mast and an 'AstroPlane' antenna strapped to the side of the house, and I chatted with truckers all over the USA regularly. I delivered papers and mowed lawns - made ~$11.00/week and spent my money on all the Radio/TV/CB and Electronics magazines of the day - and then spent more on parts to build stuff I thought I might need. I built Strobes, Wha-Wha, Faders, Phasors, Phlangers and Fuzz-boxes for one of the bands in our town and made ~$12.00 on each one I sold. In HS I excelled in all the Sciences and Industrial Arts classes (Woods, Metals, AutoBody, Plastics, Drafting, Welding..) and I grad 15th in a class of ~300. Then I joined the Army and with my high-aptitude scores in all the tests was selected for ASA the ARMY branch of CIA. They disbanded while I was in my last weeks of special weapons and Explosives/Demolition training- and I was still gonna get my 8yrs of paid college for 3yrs service, BUT I had to pick a new 'career' path. Because of my acute interest and skill in CB and HAM radio, I chose AM/FM/UHF/Satellite Comms and High-Speed Morse Intercept Additional Skill Identifier - more pay for a unique, hard to learn skill..... then off to places to do things I can't talk about, for ~15yrs, all over Europe. I left the Army and became a Field and depot engineer, repairing over 1300 unique data, comms, display and printing devices for a government services contractor and in the course of all this, hopped several follow-on contracts, got married, fathered several children and returned to the USA where I am now a few years from retirement. My next goal is to own a house on a lake and power the entire operation (Heat, Cold, Lights, etc... for 'free' - using only water I pull from the lake to do it, and then circulate it back 'un-tainted' for use by fish and other wildlife, solar oxygenation & rejuevenation, over and over.

Same.... mostly self taught. Throughout my 35 year career I have designed and built everything from IC layout to industrial washing machines to prosthetic arms and legs. Passion is the key ... Experience will follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back