Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindctrl

I was looking at buying a microchip for LED project, and I noticed when I searched for "PIC16F628" I got tons of results for chips including:

PIC16LF628-04/P
PIC16LF628-04/SS
PIC16LF628-04I/P
PIC16LF628-04I/SO

What I want to know is, is there a major difference in these chip's designs? I'm guessing no, but the tutorial I'm using uses a PIC16LF628, and it doesn't say anything about extensions or anything... It also supplies assembly code to work on that chip, will I have to modify anything? I sure hope not. Will there be extra leads on the PIC that I'll have to design into the circuit? Thanks!

--mindctrl

If you live in The US or Europe they have free samples..
Get the 16F628A its newer ..
**broken link removed**
this page describes the different packages...
the /p is a DIP package
the /SO is an SOIC package..
also
the code will be the same for all 628s

Great, thanks. I ordered some samples and am eagerly awaiting their arrival so I can get to making this thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back