whats the difference??

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a pic and a picaxe microcontroller will work the same way just picaxe is written in basic and pic is written in another language like c??

so a pic and a picaxe microcontroller will work the same way just picaxe is written in basic and pic is written in another language like c??

hi,
Yes, a Pixaxe is a programmed PIC that you have to use Picaxe Basic to write its programs, which are then loaded into the PIC by the user.

A PIC is an unprogrammed IC, which the user has to write programs in C-compiler or Assembler, the hex files are then programmed into the PIC by the user.

EDIT: when you buy the Picaxe IC , it has already been programmed with their Picaxe interpreter

Last edited:
i knew about it already being loaded ready for programming i was just confused between a pic and a picaxe but now you have helped thank you very much

Picaxe interpreter is also known as a boot strap. A small program that runs at power up.

Picaxe interpreter is also known as a boot strap. A small program that runs at power up.

I think the small bit is an understatement, the picaxe interpreter takes a BIG chunk out of the pic and leaves a bit for the user. Also the speed is throttled right back and when a user wants to upgrade to the real world one will have to start from scratch.....

Also a BOOTLOADER is known as a boot strap from what I have learnt and yes it is only a small program

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…