Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the best way to defeat surveilance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe now I'm glad I live in the US. I think we have more privacy laws but less privacy :lol: . But I live in the middle of nowhere. So I dont have CCD wielding neighbors. Anyways good luck keeping them at bay!

I also live in the US, but I'm getting personal, nobody invades my privacy and gets away with it, so I'm being my standard self and waiting, biding my time until I exact my revenge.

Very interesting topic. Here's a few insights.
Just checked the California Penal Code regarding privacy (C.P.C. was recently brought in line with Federal laws, so I think the following will be true in most U.S. jurisdictions.) CPC 632 provides that both parties to a conversation, whether that conversation is conducted in person or through some other medium, must consent to a recording in order for it to be legal. Of course, there are exceptions for law enforcement and victims of threats, extortion, etc. Therefore, he has no right to record any conversation between you and a guest. Proving that he is actually making the recording is another matter entirely.
As far as I can tell there is actually nothing illegal about pointing a camera into your window from his private property. I guest this is because until the rise of the internet the damage any individual would suffer from a video equipped peeping tom was fairly minimal. I saw a bit on the news recently describing this strange void in privacy laws. Apparently, some jurisdictions are now enacting laws to protect victims of video peeping.
Finally, (how'd this post get so long?) I'm not an expert on the technology, but I've checked the prices and it seems that the passive thermal stuff that would see through your blinds are quite expensive, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Well, he works for a security company so he gets it at 50% discount, so it's probably not too bad.

Anyway, doesn't matter, one way or another I wouldn't expect that camera to last more than a month.

Well, just as soon as I get those parabolic lenses ordered, and the laser tube, and all that fun stuff, I want to make it super-focused... :D

You can always get a laser strong enough to damage the camera. Personally, I'd spend the 2 or 3 grand and get one, I'm like you and won't put up with that crap. I'd burn his camera, blind his cat and put holes in the sidewalls of his tires. Gotta make it worth the price. :twisted:

you said that his mic could pic up conversations an your yard.
what about the camera ?
is it one fo those rotating ones ?

is his camera pointing directly into your yard, or just partially?

if it's pointed at your yard, just cut his power.....(is harsh, but has to be done)

you could fly a kite into a tree to block the view...

Well, it doesn't rotate, and it does catch most of my yard, If I could pick up a supressor I'd just shoot the damn thing from the top of my street or from a window or something with one of my rifles, as of now I don't have access to a supressor, or any weapons that can take it out silently, however, if my next project works out I could fry the damn thing with one push of a button.

Working on a short range EMP grenade, all I'd have to do is stand in the yard and flip the switch, and BANG, no more camera, would appear to have just gone out.

Not as of yet, but I've been working on the physics of EMP grenades, and linear accelerators for about 4 years now, and I'm getting very close to the solution for a man portable linear accelerator single shot bolt action rifle using a lightweight aluminum casing and tungston center (Due to the weight of tungston I would never be able to get the shell to travel far enough without an aluminum casing) however if I wanted to drop the weight drastically I could always go with copper BB's, or .22 caliber slugs and make the wrist mounted gattling gun I've drafted.

Dish copied from satelite reciever assembly.
Used to focus, not to infinity.

Oscillator unit from old micowave cooker.
Should go through brickwork with almost no attenuation.
Should fry electronics effectively.
Almost certainly illegal.

Dis-assemble after use.
Just a suggestion.

i tried something once.....i pointed a device witch was used to make dogs run away with ultrasounds and .......the sound from the camera just diassappeared/......
i tried it on another camera......but it didn't work.
maybe you are lucky enough and it will work for this camera.

i was working on a EMP as well and have tryed may types if u what to go with somthing just to knock out his mic i saw this on https://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/677a/ other then that i would saw go for the gold and make an EMP and knock his secrity system back the the stone age :twisted: but it is all up to u i would get even :D [/url]

in a trial of my EMP i noticed that is is very deadly to a CMOS/MOS Senseror and that a MOS sensor and a CCD sesnsor are very simialer the basic pricabal of converting light into electric current even if u don't get cloes enof to kill it u can desroped the singnal i belive by messing up the ecletric current

i also was building a tesla coil ( a high voltage tasor basicly ) and if u wanted insed of the EMP u could put a tesla coil on a pole and ZAP the camera if the houseing is meatal it should work and damage all the cuircuts inside making it inoprable

I like the microwave idea but I don't think the beam would focus well enough to do a lot of damage, except that it might be good for putting cataracts into eyeballs a block or so away......
A nice little YAG or ruby laser would be good. A kilowatt or so in a millisecond pulse, pinpoint accuracy, you could dig bits out of anything until it packed up....
I used to have a ruby once, I picked it up as junk for fifty quid. When I got it going it took about ten shots to put a hole thru a 1/4 inch ball bearing.

Almost everything you want to know about EM weapons
**broken link removed**

There was a schematic for a HERF gun lurking around the web, no idea if it's any good (lol) not seen it and it's been pulled from the original site.

Events around the small town Canneto di Caronia in Sicly earlier this year would suggest a talented amateur could build such a device. Seek out the news stories and decide for yourself. I believe also there was a comitte/ inquirey thingy in the good ol' US of A regarding homebuilt EMP weapons.
They seemed to think it was more than feasable with commonly available parts and a basic working knowledge....

i don't belive a tesla coil could do that much damage over the amount of space u would have to have a CrazY amount of power and i belove that that was in russia where i figure it would be hard to get the required amount

That's Nikola Tesla, the inventor of the Tesla coil. Nothing is said of the kit he is supposed to have used to transmit that much energy from the States to Russia. This information can be judged for its reliability by the fact that its source maintains that Tesla emigrated to Mars with Marconi and is still to this day running a high tech society in a hidden pyramid :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back