Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the best way to defeat surveilance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the parabolic reflector on a sound generator is a fine idea. You could even get a parabolic microphone and replace the mic element with a speaker. Easy to test too, aim it at a target on property you own, and see what you get. It shouldn't take much since the microphone would be doing a lot of amplification to pick up sounds from a distance.

The camera will probably not be able to adjust for a laser pointer hitting it. In fact, infrared filtering is not perfect either and simply using a lot of flashing infrared LEDs around your property will probably make impossible to get a useful picture when pointed in your direction, at least at evening. In the daytime, the effect will be less and may not be useful.

I think flashing a lot of infrared LEDs, preferrably pointed towards the camera, is your best bet.

BTW, an air rifle will quietly destroy the camera too, but it is a much clearer case of vandalism. There are quiet air rifles with extremely high velocities people use for hunting small game.

I'd have to agree that EMP would work the best, but unfortunately its not @ ur disposal YET. One thing you might try is to find the camera on the internet and learn it's weaknesses . . . .

Have you to see this...

Hola,

Before doing anything I would consider this:

Is he doing something ilegal? If so, claim legally! If not:

Am I going to do something ilegal? If so, do something else.

Be careful: lasers, even those pointer sold so freely everywhere can make damage. Don't be surprised if at a later date he claims some damages because of your laser. (This solution is the one I like the most).

Two considerations: do you expect him to know that you are aiming a laser to his camera? Dust, rain and the like will disclose that in semi-dark conditions.

Are you going to use it in night time? Should he moves his camera for any reason and your laser, if visible one will be seen by reflecting on walls, trees (or people?)

Be careful. You live in a country where lawyers have uncountable chances to make (your?) money...

I use to say "buena suerte" for projects. I prefer to say, be careful.

i don't belive i have said this yet but how about makeign a fulx compasictor of a high voltage to trow or project at the camera to zap it easy to make then a tesla coil and probly a bit more descret the a huge @$$ tesla coil that u would have to move around .

mm i would say make a Nuelcuer EMP now i know that is well highly illegal but i would shure fix that camera problem along with taking out half the neighboors electronic devices XD

four pages of drivel. lol
and since this particular camera is mounted with a thermal lense, it can also pick up my heat signature from inside my house even with the blinds shut,
thermal lense?? LOL . google a thermal lense -- paintball comes up..Goggles !!!
A thermal camera is different .. but i seriously dont believe he has one of those..
one of my neighbors is severely paranoid,
LOL which one would that be..
now this really pisses me off because it can pick up conversations outside of his property
How do YOU know ?? How do you know it even has a microphone on it ??I bet it doesnt.. LOL LOL LOL

ern stealthy climb onto his roof and hit it i the other direction with a stick. or throw a modle bird at it to break it he will think its just a stupid
bird

topic started with the question
What's the best way to defeat surveilance?

I'm still thinking that maybe your whole apporach is wrong...
Invite the neighbour to your place for a beer or two and show him
everything he might have wanted to see. He'll be kicking himself
for wasting time and money on surveilance equipment in the first place.
Then ask for his expert opinion on what could you do to protect
yourself in a same way and ask him to explain you technological
advantages of system he uses.
This way you will lern more about potential weakneses and probably
get the chance to see it closer.
Even better, you won't do anything illegal and he won't have any
reason to be unfriendly.

build a small potato gun that runs on compressed air, and put a spud into it.

BTW this topic was started 15 months ago, so I dont think it really applies anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back