Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What would you want in a PIC development board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Roman,

The distinction between "laboratory" and "development" board is insightful and something I never thought of. That explains why an EasyPIC4 or EasyPIC5 board doesn't really look that exciting to me (except for the ability to plug in a 128x64 GLCD to play with).

Hopefully Bill will benefit from all our input.

Kind regards, Mike

My approach to the TAP-28 board is almost completely opposite. A small, bare-bones board with essential features for programming and dedicated connectors based on function (ICSP, UART, I2C/SPI, PWM/servo and analog input). The idea is a cheap board that's more aimed at applications, and cheap enough that it can be used for embedded projects without much concern about cost.

**broken link removed**

TAP-28 boards are relatively cheap ($10 or 3 for $25) and are really an alternative to a hand-wired perf board, a bread board or making a custom board.

More information and some typical applications may be found on the TAP-28 page.

Jon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back