Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What value of resister and LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsracing1

I have a 24v 7watt lamp that I need to take out of the circuit. A load needs to be seen in the circuit to function. What kind and what specification of resister would I need to put across the circuit (where the lamp was?)

If I wanted to have an LED in the circuit as well what kind and what specification of LED would I need?

Thanks in advance

Gordon

24v 7watt lamp
What kind and what specification of resister would I need to put across the circuit (where the lamp was?)
82 ohm, 7w to 14w.

Last edited:
Thanks...

Would I be correct in calculation my LED voltage requirments by choosing a resistor to connect in series to drop my voltage to accomadate the LED. Then connect the led/resistor across the power resistor?

I know its a pretty easy circuit but I've not played around with this stuff for years and now need to apply it to resolve an issue that requires a bank of 24v indicator lamps to be taken out a unit.

Thanks again

Gordon

Would I be correct in calculation my LED voltage requirments by choosing a resistor to connect in series to drop my voltage to accomadate the LED. Then connect the led/resistor across the power resistor?
Yes, assuming it's 24 vdc. AC is a little messier.

Another way is to use a very bright LED that takes ~1/3 A and size a series resistor appropriately.

this stinking garbage! i posted to this a while ago and the stupid thing told me it was not a thread!

**broken link removed** for the same amount of light at double the intensity at 1W and 3/4 again at 3W running off of a buck puck if you are not up to making your own from a HX9910 IC

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back