What value of resister and LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsracing1

I have a 24v 7watt lamp that I need to take out of the circuit. A load needs to be seen in the circuit to function. What kind and what specification of resister would I need to put across the circuit (where the lamp was?)

If I wanted to have an LED in the circuit as well what kind and what specification of LED would I need?

Thanks in advance

Gordon

Thanks...

Would I be correct in calculation my LED voltage requirments by choosing a resistor to connect in series to drop my voltage to accomadate the LED. Then connect the led/resistor across the power resistor?

I know its a pretty easy circuit but I've not played around with this stuff for years and now need to apply it to resolve an issue that requires a bank of 24v indicator lamps to be taken out a unit.

Thanks again

Gordon

Would I be correct in calculation my LED voltage requirments by choosing a resistor to connect in series to drop my voltage to accomadate the LED. Then connect the led/resistor across the power resistor?
Yes, assuming it's 24 vdc. AC is a little messier.

Another way is to use a very bright LED that takes ~1/3 A and size a series resistor appropriately.

this stinking garbage! i posted to this a while ago and the stupid thing told me it was not a thread!

**broken link removed** for the same amount of light at double the intensity at 1W and 3/4 again at 3W running off of a buck puck if you are not up to making your own from a HX9910 IC

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…