Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of solder is best for a solder pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again,

YOU'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER POT :)

Did you mention how big the pot you have is yet? Just wondering about the dimensions. Maybe we could find something smaller too that fits the pot better.
I looked around a little but they dont seem to give the dimensions of the bars, just the weight.

Interesting, looked at the Kester data sheets for bar stock solder and nope, they don't show any dimensions.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes i found that interesting too because most things that are bulky they give some idea how big it is. Here they just give the minimum information which is the weight for shipping.

Seems to me they should make them in break away pieces like chocolate bars :)

Alternately a heavy gauge solder wire might be ok for smaller pots. For mine i used to use heavy solder wire, cant remember the gauge now, but it was one of the largest sizes they make.

There is also the jeweler's solder sheets, but i dont know what kind of solder they use for them or what they cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back