Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to do with soldering iron before turning it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
taking advantage of this thread : does anybody know an DIY economical closed loop temperature control for soldering irons?

Last edited:
Is that a cold moisture applying on a very hot iron may cause it to bend its shape gradually :)

Perhaps your right. The entire electronics manufacturing industry has been wrong for all these decades. Brass dinkydonks must be the way to go.

I guess someone should send NASA a memo.

Perhaps your right. The entire electronics manufacturing industry has been wrong for all these decades. Brass dinkydonks must be the way to go.

I guess someone should send NASA a memo.
Right on, Mike. Perhaps you should have added :rolleyes: at the end, just so no one misunderstands your meaning.:D

taking advantage of this thread : does anybody know an DIY economical closed loop temperature control for soldering irons?
My Weller temperature-controlled soldering iron uses a very inexpensive method. It has a magnet in its heating element that loses its magnetism when it reaches the "Curie Point" temperature. The magnet pulls a switch to turn on the power to the tip and a spring turns it off when it reaches the Curie temperature. It turns on and off all the time.
I don't know why different tips provide selectable different temperatures.

Some people do soldering in the very dry air of a desert (Arizona?) so a damp sponge will dry out very quickly and will be a nuisance to keep it wet. They should use brass curls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back