Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to do with an NE602.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawny

Hello all, again I hope I’m posing this in the right forum. I am shipping in some NE602’s because I have a AM Superheterodyne radio circuit I want to try but I was wondering after that what else could I do with the chip, can anyone throw me a bone on this one?

Dawn.

They show up in a lot of amateur radio projects that are described in ARRL and similar amateur radio publications. You might use the TIS pages at the ARRL website to find pdfs of articles published in magazines over the years.

Dawny said:
Hello all, again I hope I’m posing this in the right forum. I am shipping in some NE602’s because I have a AM Superheterodyne radio circuit I want to try but I was wondering after that what else could I do with the chip, can anyone throw me a bone on this one?

Dawn.

Basically is it eential to use NE602 for a superheterodyne radio- when ready designed chips are available and are reasonably cheap. like 1191, CXA 1619,
TA2003 (not ULN2003), lot of philips versions are out there. most of them work at 3V DC.
I know that NE602 is good. If you get many pieces,then you may have to locally distribute to some known friends and drive them for the hobby. BTW, there are some DRM (digital radio mondiale)decoders converting 455KHz Intermediate frequecy(I.F) to 12KHz a sample diagram is attached courtesy the designer. NE612 SA612 and NE/SA602 are all same and pin compatible.

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
Basically is it eential to use NE602 for a superheterodyne radio- when ready designed chips are available and are reasonably cheap. like 1191, CXA 1619,

The thing is you're probably building a decent quality radio, instead of the fairly poor ones that those chips are used in.

Nigel Goodwin said:
The thing is you're probably building a decent quality radio, instead of the fairly poor ones that those chips are used in.
There are i suppose, decent quality radio Rx using these very chips. Perhaps the quality of magnetics they use, the optimization of Layout, quality of the cabibet meterial used and (ofcource the look and decency really counts) matter a lot. SONY and Panasonic make good receivers from these very chips. Philps and ST chips are really said to be good.

For example is DE1103, a pll based Radio receiver made by atleast three firms and the and quality differs. After this they came out with an update the DE1121 which is said to be lot better.

Last edited:
There is a PLL type auto antenna tuning application with varicaps using NE612.

anyone interested may see in aug/sept06 issue of Elektor under the heading "DRM Receiver upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back