Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What programmer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixMax

I have hex files to program on non volatile BQ4010MA-150 Sram Chips what programmer would work ?

It has to be under 100$ and it can be either usb or serial or parallel, I dont care.

How about a ebay link or a store link

Thanks a lot to anybody that can help...

I can provide an example of hex file if necessary

Maxime

This is something you can find without help. Just google for the part number (without the suffix) and programmer. I found one for under $1000.

If may take some time to dig enough to find what you are looking for.

It would help if we knew the application. We could possibly show how to do without a programmer if you have a processor in the circuit.

3v0

ok here's a picture and an explanation

The board is for a wackyputt minigolf course
It is program through the serial port (usually) but we dont have the software anymore.
The program has to pass through the SC87C51CCN40 8bit microcontroller and write in the 8x8k bq4010MA-150 nonvolatile sram chips
The program consists of .hex files containing hex sequences. i can upload one if necessary. I can also provide a more detailled description of the board and it's chips...

What software or method can I use ?

Thanks a lot
Maxime

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2009-08-19-12h29m28s243.png
    vlcsnap-2009-08-19-12h29m28s243.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 190
Very hard

The software was 16bit windows 3.11 without any installer
it was originally distributed by the central wackyputt organisation that does not exist anymore...

I think I found one for you
PRG-026 True-USB Willem programmer(GQ-3X) Full Pack

The only question left is what format the hex files are in. I think this beast will read most formats but you may have to know which you have. There are only a few of them.

If not converting the files to a readable format is a by far easier task.

The Willem is a class of programmers named for the original designer (I think). You maybe able to find one for as low as $40 possibly in kit form. I suggest A&T :)

3v0

EDIT: Ebay has Willem programmers starting under $20. Please check to see that they support you memory.

Your chip is a BQ4010
The MA suffix is possibly the packing or temperature range
The -150 is the speed

Last edited:
Thanks

I haven't found the bq4010 but the Ds1225 from dallas wich is a pin for pin replacement according to Maxim IC...

I just need my boss to approve buying a willem programmer without being sure it'll work...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back