Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of transformer do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcars

Hi again,
I have a 12Vdc, 6 RPM gearhead motor. The motor draws 130 ma at 12 Vdc, no load. I need to be able to change it over to AC. I think I need a transformer to change it to regular house current. Can anyone tell me what I need to ask for and is it found at a Radio Shack or where :?: :?: :?: :?:
Thanks, Hotcars

Look around the house for a wall wart. Those ubiquitous black bricks that plug into the wall socket and then have that long wire with the little circular plug. They will say on it how much voltage and amperage and which connection is positve. Try and find one for more than 130ma. Or they sell them at the shack too. Are you in Death Moines?

Or do you really want direction on how to build an AC to DC power supply?
[fuse - transformer - bridge - capacitor - regulator - capacitor]

transformer

Thanks, If I can get one from the shack that will due. If not I will need to know how to build one.

Just get a plugpack that outputs 12V DC at about 1 amp. These are fairly common up to that amperage and its already DC that's coming out.
Since we do not know the full load current of your motor we guessed it, its peobably less than 1 Amp so you got some reserve there.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back