Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the problem of my tv (lcd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamad_dx

hello guys
first of all my english language is not well sorry about that

i have an old sony bravia lcd model :KDL-46XBR2

Recently, my TV screen has blue noise like the image below , all tv output has the same blue noise video 1, video 2, hdmi1 ,hdmi 2......
can you guys help me please? whats the problem of my tv thanks

15EF1AAA-6109-4407-9FD7-D54C0531F685.jpeg

That appears to be some kind of image processing or rendering distortion, from whatever video source you are using to feed the signal to the TV?

Do you only use it with an external video source or do you also use it for normal TV channels? What is the video source?

Pretty well all faults on Sony LCD's are down to faulty LCD screens, and I suspect that is so in this case as well - I was a Sony service dealer engineer, and did Sony warranty repairs on LCD TV's.

The lines in the image follow the rendering of the image shapes being displayed - Can that happen with a screen-side fault?

It looks more to me like video driver or GPU hardware rendering artifacts in a game.
(That's why I was asking if it's used for normal TV or only external video).

eg. See this, starting a few seconds after 1:25
Many objects suddenly develop blue areas at certain points:

This is gaming to TV. (computer or game machine?)
all tv output has the same blue noise video 1, video 2, hdmi1 ,hdmi 2......
I agree with rjenkinsgb we need to know what it looks like with a different signal.
The vertical lines look like there is a problem with the dot clock on the computer and the TV dot clock. I don't know if on that set you can change the clock frequency. I could see this on Video 1 but the HDMI should not have this problem.
If the picture looks like picture #4 then try turning down the contrast.

The lines in the image follow the rendering of the image shapes being displayed - Can that happen with a screen-side fault?

Yes, there's a considerable amount of electronics in and on the screen, and part of the screen.

Having repaired hundreds of LCD sets - if that was under warranty I'd have ordered a new LCD screen for it without even removing the back.

If the new screen didn't cure, I'd worry about it later - but that NEVER happened :D

T-CON board most likely. unfortunately that's usually integral to the panel assembly these days, so you need to buy a panel to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back